Philippine Postal System

Today, Sept 4, 2020 I received two premium notices from United of Omaha, one post marked March 19 and the other July 10. I'm sure Covid had something to do with this late delivery.

Now United of Omaha mails out the notices  a month before the due date. Under ordinary times I usually get the premium notice after the due date anyways.

I've now switched over to automatic payment from my checking account. All my other autopays, Netflix, US Global mail (my remailer), OOMA (voip) with my US telephone number are paid on  charge cards. (to keep them active)

My utilities in the Philippines  are all paperless as well as all my charge & bank accounts in the States.

So now on I don't rely on the Philippine postal system.

Things aren't exactly great with USPS either.  I just had a 2 lb package go from Queens to Virginia and it took a month.

wait, people still use "snail mail" ?   :D

Would never use the postal system in the Philippines, they don't deliver the mail where I live if your interested in mail go to the post office they give you every ones mail in your Campo

AaronAardvark wrote:

Things aren't exactly great with USPS either.  I just had a 2 lb package go from Queens to Virginia and it took a month.

I've had worse from the USPS. About 10 or 12 years ago I received a notice in my mailbox that I had a registered letter from the IRS, That I have to sign for, so I went to the post office with the notice  and they could not find the letter.

I got a letter from the post office saying they lost the letter as insurance policy for me in case the letter was one of those letters demanding a reply in 10 days.

Never heard anything more or a follow up letter from the IRS.

A little bit unrelated thing that is going on for me right now. I ordered boxer shorts (XL) from
Shopee and they arrived yesterday. They were way to small. So I went to Hanes website (USA) and will place an order today. They say they will take care of all the paper work and fees for customs.  Delivery can be expected in about two weeks. Shipping cost will only be about $10 USD.

Wish me luck that some customs official won't be a proud owner of Hanes Boxer Shorts.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
AaronAardvark wrote:

I've had worse from the USPS. About 10 or 12 years ago I received a notice in my mailbox that I had a registered letter from the IRS, That I have to sign for, so I went to the post office with the notice  and they could not find the letter.

I got a letter from the post office saying they lost the letter as insurance policy for me in case the letter was one of those letters demanding a reply in 10 days.

Never heard anything more or a follow up letter from the IRS.

A little bit unrelated thing that is going on for me right now. I ordered boxer shorts (XL) from
Shopee and they arrived yesterday. They were way to small. So I went to Hanes website (USA) and will place an order today. They say they will take care of all the paper work and fees for customs.  Delivery can be expected in about two weeks. Shipping cost will only be about $10 USD.

Wish me luck that some customs official won't be a proud owner of Hanes Boxer Shorts.

Shopee...has a return/replace policy a little more hassle but it can be done.
XL in asian size may vary a lot...I think they have XXL/XXXL sizes which i use (not that I am fat or anything!  :D )
which you should try.
I would'nt count on receiving your Hanes Boxers but even if you did it would be a bonus.

manwonder wrote:

Shopee...has a return/replace policy a little more hassle but it can be done.
XL in asian size may vary a lot...I think they have XXL/XXXL sizes which i use (not that I am fat or anything!  :D )

I would'nt count on receiving your Hanes Boxers but even if you did it would be a bonus.

Actually I ordered 4XXL but didn't want to admit it. The cost was 269 PHP for six pieces. Not worth the aggravation to return and my wife gave them to my stepsons and even my stepsons wife too.

In the past I had trouble finding New Balance shoes, even at Green Hills when it was open, nobody had my 10.5 size. Speaking of Green Hills, I bought a used Samsung A10 for 5,000 php with charger. I was looking for the Samsung Note 9 clone, nobody would admit they sell clones. I saw a Youtube video where the guy buys clones and compares them to the real thing. He compared the real Note 9 and the clone and rated them the same. he paid $100 usd for the clone, even the packaging was the same.

Back to the Boxers, the quality was not too bad except for one thing. . . . No fly front, imagine if you have to take a leak and had to drop your drawers in a public restroom.

Also the sellers were quick to answer my questions prior to the sale, now they don' know me when I message them. They are in Manila and the delivery was really quick, about 3 days.

When I order from Shopee/Lazada I always check to see if they're local and if it's in stock. My online experience that I had two orders were never ship from vendors, I always order C.O.D. With seven adults in the household lots of stuff is ordered online.

Make it a point of getting friendly with your post office guy on the delivery. At Christmas seek him out and give him a 300 pesos present. This works fine.

Still waiting for delivery , Three Birthday Cards and a Care package just disappeared, well I will have to get some one else. Delivery was to Taloma Davao Post office. ?????

Peter Tallar

International mail delivery, as per international agreements, from the recipient country international post office to  the recipient (the last mile) is not compensated.  After 5 years in this country NOTHING has made it from Manila to Mindanao in less than a month and then only 50% of the time does it arrive at all.

My tax refunds and Economic Impact Payment arrived 4 months after sent.

Lem

Online in country shopping ! Ninja Van ! number one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fully agree about Ninja Van. Great service and quick.  :)

LBC and 2Go have much to be desired.   :mad:

I'm shanghaied in the USA due to Covid19. Sent my wife a card in February and it was just delivered in Calamba, Laguna, this week...7 months...not bad...LoL