How can I best receive usa bank confirmation codes?

I've not found any service that effectively provides. Details please.receive usa bank confirmation codes in other countries? Skype USA number does not work.

Google had a very nice system that allows free calls to most US numbers. I believe you may be able to have a local US number as well, but you'd need to check that

Thanks. I appreciate your info very much.

Hello Clyddusa
I realize  it is different banking in other countries, but I have my money paid into my Australian bank account then transferred to here. I have notified them of my details by email and a long chat on Skype phone call ( costs ). Now if I transfer money, I have a security code sent to my Philippines mobile phone number. Hope this helps.
regards  Bruce

Due to geotargeting, US banks normally don´t send codes to other countries. And you can´t change your phone number going to the bank´s site because the number of spaces to fill up the numbers don´t match!

Other sites (not banks) can send confirmation codes if you have a Skype (US) number by forwarding a call to your cell phone.

robal

Thanks but I even purchased a US Skype number and still us bank confirmation codes would not register.

Yes I know as I also have a Skype US number. Banks prevent call or text forwarding and that´s what I was trying to say. OTHER establishments maybe. But not banks.
Sorry, but I´m also stucked with the same problem.

robal

Are you talking about SMS 2 factor authentication codes.

I bank in the UK and codes are sent out via SMS for 2 stage authentication. The banks will not send SMS to overseas Nos.

To get around this I keep a UK SIM up and running and always have this active in my phone. (I use a dual SIM phone.) So far this has worked well in several countries. It does not cost much to keep my SIM going. Of course I need to pay the additional charges to receive overseas SMSs.

So as not to pick up expensive voice calls from the UK I divert all Voice calls to a SKYPE No.

I'm not familiar with US banks so I might be calling up the wrong tree.

Steve

Receiving sms from US banks is a real challenge because their software does not accept non us numbers. Also if you're using VOIP, the sms is a different configuration that does not run on VOIP platforms. So you request an sms to your VOIP number and it never arrives.

Each bank is different in it's methods. Some don't authenticate any further then asking challenge questions.

Some banks just a user name and password.

Some banks let you choose your method sms or email.

Some banks when logging in will ask you to call an 800 number. Then you have to call on their local time, not yours. They they ask a series of questions like how much was your last purchase. If you're lucky they will email the sms code.

With one bank I get so tired of this, they email me that my statement is ready but won't email me the sms code. It's been five months since I jumped through all their hoops to see my statement, so I just blindly send them a payment.

I keep my US cell number active here on an international plan. Costs a bit more but, I don’t have any of those types of hassles.

Tim_L :

I keep my US cell number active here on an international plan. Costs a bit more but, I don’t have any of those types of hassles.

I saw those plans on T-Mobile but it´s a hassle to maintain payments. You´re saying you´re on international roaming all the time...

When I first came to the Philippines I had an international plan but it was fairly expensive ($25-50/mo premium) as I would inevitably make/receive a few calls in addition to text messages. So I gave that up and have just tried to work around the two-factor authentication requirements.

Most credit cards have some sort of email option for the codes, both my banks allow password only  (US Bank & Wells Fargo) with an occasional call-in if they lock you out. In the case of Vanguard they made it difficult but I just stuck with challenge questions. I don't let them know I'm living outside the country as they don't like that.

Bank of America and Capital One uses device recognition. If you have their bank apps in your cell phone you´re good to go.  Sometimes they switch to questions or e-mails if you haven´t logged in a while. Chase -  only your password.  2 credit unions that I have, just the password also.  All the 4 stock brokerages that I use all utilize authenticators like Authy, Google, Microsoft and Vip Access for 2FA.

If you trade Bitcoin, there´s no way around the SMS sent to your cellphone. They block
call and SMS forwarding. Amazon uses authenticators as 2FA...

Maybe you should change banks.

robal

If you worry about your address being overseas because of your bank, you can be a member of SDFCU (State Dept Federal Credit Union). They don´t care if you live abroad. You can join from abroad by becoming a member first to
American Citizens Abroad (americans abroad.org). $55/year if you´re over 65.

robal

robal :
Tim_L :

I saw those plans on T-Mobile but it´s a hassle to maintain payments. You´re saying you´re on international roaming all the time...

I’m on AT&T but yes, I have international calls and data as part of my plan. I just pay it right along with my already overinflated bill.