Moving in and finding a job

Hi guys !!

Looking forward to meet you all ;-)

Of course I have "tons" of questions, so let´s go

1. Do I need to show  a return flight ticket at immigration at arrival?
2. Rent a place... any hooks and tricks to look out for?
3. Employee or your own company? Red somewhere that open your own company makes things "easier", or ?!
4. Can you open a bank account in Euros?

C U
Benito

Welcome on our forum.

Take the time to read:
- Guides located under the "discover" tab
- Old discussions that you can even filter using the magnifying glass located next to your avatar.

Most of your questions have probably been debated many times.

Hi Benito,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Do I need to show  a return flight ticket at immigration at arrival? Yes, of course. Having a return ticket, and a confirmed reservation for a hotel or place to stay, are typical entry requirements for all countries. In addition, you should have an eVisa filled out and paid in advance. There is no longer a visa fee for Europeans or Americans, but instead you must pay an airport tax (same money, different name because the Cv government realized they were going to suddenly lose $20 miillion in revenues when they waived the visa fees. LOL). You are not required to have the eVisa before arriving in CV, but if you wait till you arrive at the airport, you will have to apply for one anyway, and pay with cash ... and you will wait in a long line untill all the tourists with pre-registered eVisa have been processed. I stringly recommend you pre-register before arrival.

2. Rent a place... any hooks and tricks to look out for? The way to find the cheapest rent is to walk around and look for vacancies. If you search online, you will pay the highest rent possible because the advertisements assume that you are a wealthy European who doesn't know the local prices and you assume European prices are reasonable.

3. Employee or your own company? Read somewhere that open your own company makes things easier or ?! It is easier if you register your own company. If you are to be an employee, then it is first necessary to find a job really quickly, and your employer must be willing to provide you with all the documents needed by immigration. Registering your own company is something you can complete in 48 hours and you will be given all of the documents needed from your company during the registration process.

4. Can you open a bank account in Euros? Yes. Every bank in CV will allow you to open an account which can have subaccounts in escudos, US dollars and Euros. But you cannot wire Euros or US dollars out of the country unless you have an invoice from a foreign company which you are paying. This is another reason to have your own company. It is easier to show you are doing business if you have your own company, especially with its own bank accounts.

If you have any other questions, or if you might be interested in an eGuide that answers all these questions and more, please send me a private message.

Regards,

Angelo

Benito el Sueco wrote:

Hi guys !!

Looking forward to meet you all ;-)

Of course I have "tons" of questions, so let´s go

1. Do I need to show  a return flight ticket at immigration at arrival?
2. Rent a place... any hooks and tricks to look out for?
3. Employee or your own company? Red somewhere that open your own company makes things "easier", or ?!
4. Can you open a bank account in Euros?

C U
Benito

Thanks ....  very helpful answer  ;-)

b t w I´m planning to look for jobs with companies handling Scandinavia Tourists. My first priority  is to work with companies handling incoming Scandinavian charter flights (TUI, Novair, Sunclass Airline) to Amilcar Cabral Airport. How do I find information about the companies handle them ?

Benito el Sueco wrote:

Thanks ....  very helpful answer  ;-)

b t w I´m planning to look for jobs with companies handling Scandinavia Tourists. My first priority  is to work with companies handling incoming Scandinavian charter flights (TUI, Novair, Sunclass Airline) to Amilcar Cabral Airport. How do I find information about the companies handle them ?

Call them.