Visiting Nha Trang early July

Hi, I am planning a backpack style trip to Nha Trang since this shld be best time to visit without many foreign visitor but then hope it is not too quiet too. :)  Plan to explore the area and do some scuba diving. I appreciate any inputs on places to visit other than the usual tourist spots, and places to eat will be appreciated. Planning to stay at one of the beachfront hotels.

Are you already in country or in Malaysia?  YOur bio says you are here now.  Otherwise, I don't know if you are going to get in.   At this time they are still keeping all foreigners out with very limited exceptions.

Domestic travel is in full swing now and they are offering discounted rates for airfare, lodging etc.  It would be good time to go but might be a bit lonely as you inferred.

Hi, I am already in Vietnam in HCMC, just planning a short trip checking out Nha Trang while I am here, and doing some scuba diving.  Any good recommendations on restaurants or places to visit apart from the touristy ones, will be appreciated. :)

psim1 wrote:

Hi, I am already in Vietnam in HCMC, just planning a short trip checking out Nha Trang while I am here, and doing some scuba diving.  Any good recommendations on restaurants or places to visit apart from the touristy ones, will be appreciated. :)

I spent ten days in Nha Trang this spring and it was a lovely sunshine beach holiday, however it is very touristy, I couldn't recommend it for anything other than sunshine, sea and beach.
I stayed in one of the beachfront hotels and it was excellent and reasonably priced. The whole city seems to revolve around tourism, to the extent that there are actually "Russian speaking" shops.

Điệp Sơn island is beautiful, undeveloped, thus has very few tourists. Make sure to have a good camera when you're there.

Thanks for the info. I probably  will pick up some Russian words while I am there. :)

Hi, ****

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Self promotion is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct