Can I hire this maid/housekeeper?

Hello everybody,

I am planning to stay in Ghana for 3 to 5 months starting from november or december this year. The company I work for is sending me to Ghana. They provide a place for me to stay.

I will stay in Accra. Now, since I will be alone in the house that my company provides me and I will be very busy, i am looking for a housekeeper/maid to stay at the house full time and take care of washing and cooking.

I have a friend who just got back from Ghana. She stayed there with her husband and 2 kids.
She recommnded a maid. Its a girl who is not from Accra. She moved to their house because her Village was a 4 hour ride to Accra so she stayed in their house full time for 2 months.

She told me how great the girl is. Now the problem is that girl is just 16. I was kind of shocked. I am travelling alone as a Single man.

She says it is not a problem as it is common there for girls to be maids. But it seems strange to me that I will live in a house with a 16 yr old girl. At the same time they talk so great about her skills I would like to hire her and pay her very well to help her out too.

What should I do? What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

Will people in the area think it's weird and that I want something from the girl? (I am gay by the way)

Or is it really so common like my friend says?

Hello and welcome on our forum,

It is a fact that it is a slightly funny situation.

This can be done effectively under certain conditions. But some people could take advantage of the situation to generate problems.

Therefore, even in relation to your sexual orientation which poses absolutely no problem for me, I advise you not to accept this proposal.

run

LGBT people are not well received in Ghana. I suggest you check online about this before heading over.
I too am not concerned about your orientation but you need to be aware about LBGT attacks etc in Ghana.

Am a mother of two kids four year boy and two year old girl and I need a job as a maid in the United States of America
But I don't have enough to travel with my children and have Nobody  to leave my children with
Am not with their father and they are so close to my heart , I don't know what to do 
I need a help

Where do you stay now

You can hire me. I'm in need of a job

Hello,Am 21 years old.Looking for this job as maid.To pay for my education whiles we are on vacation.I honestly am also a lady who is only interested in women,I think we have things in conmon and i am very fluent in English,Hardworking and Vigilant.
You are free to private message me with your contact details.I will definitely get in touch,Thank you

Hi please.. I'm in Accra looking for a job as a live in house help..you can hire me..I'm hardworking  lady..

@Unitedrep

Hi

I think yo can try her and see since she has been recommended by friends you already know, i meanyou justhaveto leave with her professionally to avoidany complications, if she doesn't work out we can recommend an agency where you can get a professional housekeeper either male or female please

Best Regards

Ramy