New to Cuenca--Hope to Hear From You

Hello,

I am Steve from Saint Petersburg, Florida. I just retired and have read many good things about Cuenca Equador. I am currently staying in Cuenca and will be here through July 13, 2011. I am very interested in relocating here and would appreciate any advice you may have to offer.

As far as my background, I have worked in higher education for many years and prior to that I worked for the federal government and also in the non-profit sector.

I am interested in doing some volunteer work in Cuenca and hope that when I relocate here that I can make friends with members of the Cuenca ex-pat community along with some Equadorian friends.

Regards,
Steve.

Hello,

I saw your profile on Ex-Pat Blog and was wondering if you might be willing to tell about your experience living in Cuenca as I am considering retiring here.

I just retired from the field of higher education and I am currently in Cuenca and staying with a local family here as I explore the area. I will be here until July 12th. Of course I have a number of questions about living here but the two big areas that I have questions about are immigration and real estate purchase (preferably in or near a good ex-pat neighborhood).

If you would be so kind as to respond to my inquiry, I would greatly appreciate it. I can be reached at my e-mail address of [email protected] (Please type “Ex-Pat Inquiry” in the subject line so I do not miss your e-mail). If you prefer to leave a phone number I will be glad to call you.

Thank You,
Steven A. Johnson
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Temporary Cuenca Address:

Isacc Albeniz y Panamericana
Sur Km 1
Condiminio Santa Maria de Casa Grande
Sector:  Narancay Bajo
Referencia: Propartes