Flying from U.K. with two cats to Malta

Hi,
We are looking to fly out from the U.K.  to Malta by the end of the year - if the current awful situation ends.  We want to bring our two cats with us and know that Air Malta can fly cats/dogs out from certain airports in the U.K on some of their flights. it's a one way ticket for a new life in Gozo!

Does anyone have any experience if this or with a private carrier company - which I realise could be very expensive.  We would prefer to be on the same flight as our cats.

Any advice most welcome

This has been discussed a lot, and there are amazingly detailed posts to be found in history, even recent ones.  Please search.

Many thanks - I have searched and found various discussions. Seems AirMalta will do just fine and hopefully we'll be flying from Manchester once I can get the ball rolling.   We live in Cornwall but favour Manchester Airport.

Treyarnon wrote:

Many thanks - I have searched and found various discussions. Seems AirMalta will do just fine and hopefully we'll be flying from Manchester once I can get the ball rolling.   We live in Cornwall but favour Manchester Airport.

When it is possible to fly to Malta from the UK after things settle down I would double check where to fly from as I seem to recall someone saying Air Malta only carry pets on flights from Heathrow.

Treyarnon wrote:

Why would fly from Manchester when you live in Cornwall? That's like a 5-6 hour drive or 8 hour train journey with many changes. Remember you have your cats with you. You really would put them through that? Sounds crazy to me.

Thanks for everyone's reply. 
We would have someone to drive us to Manchester and would have a stop over anyway .  Cats are seasoned travellers as they have often travelled to the midlands when visiting relations - the sleep all the way !   Of course this would be different as having a flight to add on !  Hence good to have a stop over and everyone rest!
As to why Manchester ... its the one place, other than Heathrow, that we found could take cats on an AirMalta flight.  There are no airports here, Exeter or Bristol that AirMalta fly from any more - And not Birmingham either.  Of course now things may change later on in the year.  I was just after hearing any advice and of people's experiences.
Thanks again.

You could use a pet company to transport them. They do all the paperwork for you.

Hi, yes and that also was one reason I had posted - to see if anyone recommended a U.K. company that had transported their cats to Malta.
Kind regards,

Treyarnon wrote:

Hi, yes and that also was one reason I had posted - to see if anyone recommended a U.K. company that had transported their cats to Malta.
Kind regards,

Try this, but there are many others https://www.petairuk.com/destinations/e … s-to-malta

Hi
Many thanks ! Much appreciated