Current Expat Situation because of lockdown in Philippines?

Hello All, hope your doing well and staying safe.  Have tried to find some current updates on travel to the Philippines but nothing with any detail.  Is it still on lockdown, any changes to the lockdown in discussion, anything current would be helpful and to when someone from the US will be able to come over.

Thanks in advance.

Luzon Lockdown continuing until at least 5/15/20, currently no international flights unless you jump through a bunch of hoops, are headed home.  Many who land or get off ships are forced Into 14 day quarantine.  Could not advise stopping here on your way to Vietnam.

They are saying no international travel until next year.

“International travel might not happen this year, pending the travel restrictions of other nations. At this point in time, traveling is but a dream,” she added.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1101261

pej1111 wrote:

They are saying no international travel until next year.

“International travel might not happen this year, pending the travel restrictions of other nations. At this point in time, traveling is but a dream,” she added.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1101261

Some Major Airlines have already sent their planes for storage at Asia Pacific Aircraft Storage (APAS) near Alice Springs desert, in the Northern Territory of Australia during the COVID-19 pandemic,
which is an aircraft storage facility that caters for short, medium, and long term storage needs for the airline industry.
(Understand there are already billion$ worth of aircraft stationed there!)

:o

You might try Freighter travel, although it isn't cheap and takes a lot longer. At least there is no jet lag.

Check again after the 15th and again in a month or so.

Everything that I've read indicates that international tourism may not happen until again until 2021. Who knows, doesn't look good.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … pines.html

Vietnam
Travelers who have been in the 26 European countries in the Schengen Area, plus the UK, within the past 14 days will not be permitted to enter or transit through Vietnam.
Visas upon arrival will also no longer be issued for all foreign nationals, according to a government statement issued Saturday.

Expats can "step out" any time you like (using the special sweeper flights) they provide, but never to return!
(Not exactly in the "Hotel California" mode anymore!)

"never to return!"

Did I miss something, why?

"never to return" at least in the near future!
Maybe in 2021...nothing confirmed as yet!

The lockdown is easing slightly, although each area has its own rules. Travel visas are still not being issued, and it appears that this will continue for the foreseeable future.

If you are married to a Filipina or have biological children, I believe there is an exception. Why don't you contact the Embassy or consulate nearest to you.?

PAL, Air Canada and Cathay Pacific flights from Vancouver (Canada) to Manila will resume June 2nd on reduced frequency. Not sure about flights from other countries/cities but if they are resuming from Canada then other places wont be far behind. Visas are a problem. Philippines are not issuing new entry visas still and no word on when they might resume.  If you have a permanent resident Visa 13A (spouse of Philippine national) or some other type of permanent visa you are able to travel but regular tourist visas aren't available yet. Not much point going as a tourist just now anyway. Things are opening up somewhat but still restricted enough that its not a great tourist environment. If you are a resident with your own house and can just hang out at home its bearable.

Good info, thanks.. hope the visas open up soon. I suspect there will be a quarantine process involved.

Thanks but don't believe that for a minute.  That country Is based on tourism, they cannot survive that long without it.  But thanks for you opinion and feedback.

Hello all...does anybody know when we can go to Manila Immigration office to renew our tourists visas. Last I know we can do when restrictions lift.
And when we can travel on Grab taxi to go there.

http://immigration.gov.ph/..

Everything u need is here!

Anyone's guess.  In Angeles immigration opened last week but it is unclear if they are still doing extensions.  I got mine but there is one report they stopped.  But you still have 30 days from when they open to renew.
I think you need to be a lot more flexible than just using Grab.

Thanks for reply!  More flexible?

More flexible like a regular taxi

AaronAardvark wrote:

Anyone's guess.  In Angeles immigration opened last week but it is unclear if they are still doing extensions.  I got mine but there is one report they stopped.  But you still have 30 days from when they open to renew.
I think you need to be a lot more flexible than just using Grab.

I believe you 30 days from the time quarantine ends! Not just when things start to reopen!

More flexible should include hiring a private car! I don't believe that going to BI for visa needs is considered essential travel! If you are going to BI for ECC for example is considered essential travel as long as you are leaving the country! I checked that out with a real person at BI

" I believe you 30 days from the time quarantine ends! Not just when things start to reopen!"

Quite right.  I was just testing to see if everyone was paying attention. ;)

LOL!!

More local planes seen heading to Asia Pacific Aircraft Storage (APAS).

I've got a reservation for Atlanta to Manila, via Incheon S Korea on Korean Airlines, landing June 8. It is my 3rd try and I won't be surprised if it gets canceled again. I booked it through Delta and they've been very good about rebooking.

You do need to be a Filipino, married to a Filipina, or have some other permanent resident status to get through immigration (I've got a 13a visa).  Not sure about transit passengers, except that your forwarding flight needs to leave within 24 hours.

I'm expecting to get tested for CV-19 upon arriving and put into a holding tank until the test results come back (2 to 5 days). I can handle that - just need the domestic flights to be operating so I can get to Cagayan de Oro.

I did see a requirement to submit a Case Investigation Form (ICF), which looks to be about contact tracing info - where you've been, who you've been in close contact with - but I haven't been able to find a printable copy of this form. I searched on the DOH website as well as a broader Google search. Any ideas?

I found the form within 10 seconds with Google.

http://ritm.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2 … Form-1.pdf

If the link above is not displayed, use this search

"Case Investigation Form (ICF), philippines"

Thanks, Aaron!!

Any updates on travel to Manila from U.S.Yet?? I have a Flight "rescheduled" again for August 3rd... I have an apartment sitting (empty now) since last there in February...

My friend Jarrod and myself took a private car to BOI Makati from Quezon City Novaliches and got our Visa renewed and extended with no fines or problems! They are also processing ECC there if you need one! They said the earliest you get an ECC is 6 days prior to flying!

Hi, Wellfry. Philippine Airlines is flying occasionally, but redirecting most of the flights to Cebu. This includes my flight from LAX this Saturday (6/27). I'll get tested on arrival and need to quarantine in a hotel locally for 2 days waiting for the test result. If negative, they will fly you back to Manila at no charge. If you are booked to another destination they will try to rebook you directly rather than going through Manila.

Cebu is a hot spot for virus outbreak but only in the city, and the hotels they have approved are mostly beach resorts far from the city. The passenger is responsible for the cost of the test and the hotel, and you need to have the hotel reservation in order to board the flight. The hotel booking includes transportation and 3 boxed meals per day. $90 per day for the one I chose (Crimson / Mactan).

Hopefully by August all this will have calmed down.

Good luck! -- Rich

With the situation in the US, anyone trying to fly to anywhere overseas will be SOL.  38000 new cases in one day!  We had 1 new case in Angeles City the other day and they went into immediate action.

Thank you!  Will keep watching... I was supposed to fly July 5, but the flight(s) were cancelled

Wellsfry wrote:

Thank you!  Will keep watching... I was supposed to fly July 5, but the flight(s) were cancelled

What airline are you trying to fly on? I was on Delta / Korean Airlines and was canceled 4 times. Philippine Airlines seems to be the only ones working. But note that only Philippine citizens, permanent residents, and diplomats are allowed into the country. So that explains why other airlines aren't interested in servicing Manila.

Hey, I made it to the Philippines from Florida yesterday. 5th try was the charm :-) Went via LAX on Philippine Airlines. The check-in and boarding staff didn't want to let me on because of my visa status but I had the originals of all the documents, so they relented. It was no issue at immigration in Cebu. COVID testing went pretty smoothly and now I'm sitting in a resort hotel room waiting for my results - should be sometime today - then on to CDO tomorrow. They say I won't have to quarantine in CDO after I get clearance here, but I'm guessing the people on the ground in CDO may have different ideas. Have patience and smile and everything will be fine eventually.

Thanks for letting everyone know. Apart from the 5 tries to actually get a flight it sounds like the arrival testing went ok. Would you mind letting me know which hotel you ended up at? I will be making the trip soon but not familiar with Hotels in Cebu. I'm well familiar with hotels in Manila but can't be sure if they will route through Manila or Cebu.

By the way. What was your visa status that they didn't like and what originals did you have to give them? I am a permanent resident which I understand is acceptable but would be interested to know what your situation was. Thanks!

Hi, JW. I chose the Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan. PhP9000 for 2 nights including transport and 3 meals per day delivered to your room. I was also able to order a bottle of wine, which was nice. The hotel is closed to regular guests, so really quiet. It was very nice. It took about 36 hours to get my test result.

As for PAL in LAX they were expecting me to be traveling with my wife. I had to explain that she had gotten stuck in the PI. I have a Section 13a permanent resident visa, though I don't yet have my ACR-I card (applied for it before I left at the end of January). They took photocopies of my wife's dual citizenship docs as well as her birth certificate, report of marriage, and the visa stamp in my passport.

Cagayan de Oro is still imposing a 14-day quarantine for non-locals, despite the clearance in Cebu. They bussed us to a holding facility (open-air high school) and at the end of the day sent about 10 of us to a 1-star hotel (no elevator, no wifi, no window, no hot water). They have run out of nicer accommodations. You are not allowed to leave the room and they drop off meals at your door.

Luckily my wife was able to secure a nice studio apartment down the hall from where she's been staying, but it still took a lot of work to get the barangay and local health department to sign off. So I only had to spend 1 night in jail. Breathe. Patience. This too shall pass.

A word of caution on the current status in cebu hospitals.

https://ph.yahoo.com/news/cebu-city-hos … 12892.html