Boost in Virus Testing.

The economy won't be re-opened till there is mass testing, with only 39,000 tests out of 100 million Filipinos.

On another note:
Yesterday the price of oil went below zero for a short time. On the May futures market oil is 10.01 USD per barrel. June delivery is $11.57 USD per barrel.

W9XR wrote:

The economy won't be re-opened till there is mass testing, with only 39,000 tests out of 100 million Filipinos.

On another note:
Yesterday the price of oil went below zero for a short time. On the May futures market oil is 10.01 USD per barrel. June delivery is $11.57 USD per barrel.

Agreed : 'OIL'...I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime nor has it ever happened before!

:o

manwonder wrote:

Agreed : 'OIL'...I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime nor has it ever happened before!

:o

Almost never. It dropped to about 10 cents in the 30s for a while, but there has never been anything like this. I'll bet the oil producing countries are absolutely bricking it at the moment. However, it has shown environmentalist may have a point.

If anyone fancies exploring that sort of subject further, HERE would be the best place to start a discussion.

On topic - Mass virus testing, IMHO, is a bit of a waste of time as a negative in the morning could easily be positive by lunchtime.
The only way is to test everyone every day (or maybe once a week), and that's impossible at the moment.

"only 39,000 tests out of 100 million Filipinos."
Pro rata that's probably about the same as the USA despite what Donald Trump says.

FindlayMacD wrote:

Pro rata that's probably about the same as the USA

WRONG

US Population              333 Million 4,133,316 Test
Philippine Population 100 Million      39,000 Test

Testing in the US             Free
Testing in Philippines     $100 USD?

Fred wrote:

On topic - Mass virus testing, IMHO, is a bit of a waste of time as a negative in the morning could easily be positive by lunchtime.
The only way is to test everyone every day (or maybe once a week), and that's impossible at the moment.

WRONG

For all those that are negative, they been negative since the beginning, weeks, weeks and more weeks. Now if they been negative since the beginning, probably by following all the safe instructions.

So after all this time they are going to throw all those safe practices to the wind and get infected between breakfast and lunch.

W9XR wrote:
FindlayMacD wrote:

Pro rata that's probably about the same as the USA

WRONG

Testing in the US             Free
Testing in Philippines     $100 USD?

Which type of COVID 19  test here is $100USD?

That's if you believe the figures that Trump keeps inventing hahahaha.

I would presume that the US figs should be pretty accurate...I'm more worried about the 'lack' of testing/capabilities being carried out especially in many other 3rd world developing countries.
But we do have the blazing sun rays (UVC in particular) that some say will protect us against the virus!
(OMO)

manwonder wrote:

But we do have the blazing sun rays (UVC in particular) that some say will protect us against the virus!
(OMO)

How is that working out in Singapore?

mugtech wrote:
manwonder wrote:

(OMO)

How is that working out in Singapore?

Work in progress!
Rectifying earlier lapses!
Maybe praying to our 'SUN GOD' too!

:|

[Post under review]

Thats McD not MacD.

manwonder wrote:

I would presume that the US figs should be pretty accurate.

No hope because the vast majority of people have not been tested, will never be tested, and many of the dead weren't tested because nobody expected the death to be caused by a pretty well unknown bug. Add deaths put down to flu that could have been covid19, and flu deaths thought to be covid before accurate testing, and you have a statistical soup that's been well processed and ready for flushing.
That applies to every country, not just one.

Historians will argue about the numbers for years, but it's unlikely anyone will ever get it right.

Agreed Fred...thats the best info/figs we have in hand now!...But above that (all over the world / especially in the US) we should not forget the immense sacrifice/suffering faced by these frontline healthcare workers
/professionals who are directly involved in the diagnosis, treatment, and care” of people with COVID-19. These workers must be under a heightened risk of psychological distress and other mental health problems, due to the ever increasing number of COVID-19 cases, the overwhelming workload, an information overload, and insufficient personal protective equipment and drugs.
Existing studies show that healthcare workers even experience stigmatization, as well as fear of infection for themselves and their families.
They deserve our utmost respect!