COVID-19 and expatriation in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everybody,

The COVID-19 crisis inevitably impacts the United Arab Emirates, between closed airports or periods of containment in some cities or even the entire country .
We would like to hear from you during this unusual period, to find out what the consequences of this pandemic are on your expatriation or expatriation project in the United Arab Emirates.

Does the current crisis call into question your long-term expatriation project?
If you are already settled in the United Arab Emirates, do you plan to return to your home country?

How are you living through such an uncertain period, especially if you are far from your loved ones?

Have any of you ended your expatriation in the United Arab Emirates unexpectedly?

Paradoxically, has this crisis brought you closer to some people?

What are your plans for the future?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hope you are doing well.

Loïc.

Hi, I am Hajmal. I have to share my problems currently i am facing. My mother with me in UAE under visit Visa. This visa was expired on 9th of April 2020. after the grace period i received the confirmation from Visa agent the visa expired on 18th of April. I booked before he flight ticket on 7 the April 2020, But the lock down issues the flight was cancelled so i change the flight ticket to 16th of April 2020. God also played my life my father was expired in India. but my mother also here. So very suffered, again india extend the flight lock down so, Air india express suspended until 6th of may 2020. So, for this need the help from UAE and India to send my mother to my home again at earliest.

I reckon there are many People stuck in the current crisis with Visas cancelled and limited finance being forced to stay on rented accommodation and would love to leave the country at the soonest possible.

If anyone gets information about flight resumptions to Delhi/ India please do share immediately.