LOOSE LEAF VISA'S AVAILABILITY & EXPLANATION FOR VISITS TO VIETNAM

Obviously after visa restrictions due to corona virus lifted

.question.....I am British (UK passport), but am non resident there so no home address. I have however an apartment in Thailand. Can I apply for a loose leaf visa in Thailand & have the visa delivered there for example?
The reason I am asking these question is pretty obvious because 2 pages taken up on my passport every 3 months so it dont take that long to use it up & it would be to my advantage to get one of these loose leaf visas if at all possible.

goodolboy wrote:

.question.....I am British (UK passport), but am non resident there so no home address. I have however an apartment in Thailand. Can I apply for a loose leaf visa in Thailand & have the visa delivered there for example?
The reason I am asking these question is pretty obvious because 2 pages taken up on my passport every 3 months so it dont take that long to use it up & it would be to my advantage to get one of these loose leaf visas if at all possible.

Have heard about loose leaf visas but in all the years I have been coming, countless 3 month multi entry visas, a previous 2yr TRC and now current 5 yr VEC I have never once been offered a loose leaf visa after even being told one time, some years ago, that I had to get a new passport before being let back in as my pages were full. I compiled but when I returned they would still not let me in as the new passport number did not correspond with my then TRC ! After a long argument with airport immigration I was eventually given a stamp for 15 days to get the matter sorted out.

goodolboy wrote:

Here is a link from the VN embassy in USA. Maybe contact the VN embassy in Bangkok and see if it can be done there.

Loose leaf visa

First visa I had was loose leaf DN visa obtained from VN consulate in US.  When obtaining from the consulate they gave me a choice of loose leaf or stuck in passport.

I was also offered the choice between the two methods for my VEC, which was obtained in the US.

Nice thing about loose leafs is you don't waste pages in the passport.  Visa on one side, all of your entry and exit stamps are on the back.
https://i.imgur.com/VbyLKrE.jpg