Visa Renewal or 5 yr marriage exemption

Hi, I hope somebody can help me as very confused...
I am here on a 3 month multiple entry visa from UK, been here since early Jan before the virus broke!
I don't know if I can leave country to get a new 3 month visa or if I would not he allowed to as virus issue?
I know I can renew without leaving but they are asking for 370 dollars to do it
Alternatively I have just got married to a Vietnamese lady and can get a five yr marriage exemption again to start it I'd have to leave country But will I be able to do a border run and be allowed in again?

Thanks in advance

Seeing as the virus has upset the applecart, I would presume you just apply for it and have it stamped in-country.

I think immigration will let you to stamp the VEC inside Vietnam due to COVID-19 situation or a maximum Moc Bai run will suffice :D

I saw a company wanting to charge 200 usd for stamping a VEC.

That seems very expensive.
Stamping to extend ??

Witty1 wrote:

I am here on a 3 month multiple entry visa from UK, been here since early Jan before the virus broke!
I don't know if I can leave country to get a new 3 month visa or if I would not he allowed to as virus issue?
Alternatively I have just got married to a Vietnamese lady and can get a five yr marriage exemption again to start it I'd have to leave country But will I be able to do a border run and be allowed in again?

Thanks in advance

Everyone else has better info than I do regarding VEC.

I'd just mention two things:

1. Visa on Arrival letters of ALL types are no longer being accepted at border crossings, and VOA agents are currently NOT supposed to be processing applications for any visa approval letters.

The only way to have a new visa approved for entry at land or airport entry points is to apply for a visa directly through the Embassy of Vietnam in your home country.

U.S. citizens can use the online application interface on the website of the San Francisco Consulate:

vietnamconsulate-sf. org/en/2017/05/11/visa/

However the loose leaf visa must be delivered to your stateside address of record.

Perhaps the U.K. has a similar service...?

In any case, anyone without a valid current visa with reentry privileges will be denied reentry into Vietnam under the latest edicts.

2. Shop around for the best deal on a stamping fee. The agents charge whatever they think the market will bear.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Witty1 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Everyone else has better info than I do regarding VEC.

I'd just mention two things:

1. Visa on Arrival letters of ALL types are no longer being accepted at border crossings, and VOA agents are currently NOT supposed to be processing applications for any visa approval letters.

The only way to have a new visa approved for entry at land or airport entry points is to apply for a visa directly through the Embassy of Vietnam in your home country.

U.S. citizens can use the online application interface on the website of the San Francisco Consulate:

vietnamconsulate-sf. org/en/2017/05/11/visa/

However the loose leaf visa must be delivered to your stateside address of record.

Perhaps the U.K. has a similar service...?

In any case, anyone without a valid current visa with reentry privileges will be denied reentry into Vietnam under the latest edicts.

2. Shop around for the best deal on a stamping fee. The agents charge whatever they think the market will bear.

Saw a company today asking 417 usd for a 3-month extension done in 4-days.

I made a post a few weeks ago stating that visa extensions will get done in-country at at a huge cost. The guys and gals have to find a new way to make a buck, seeing as the tourist numbers are dropping quickly.

colinoscapee wrote:

Really killing ! Due to COVID-19 many business went down but real-estate and immigration mafia take it as a chance to rip off !

colinoscapee wrote:

I tried to get my immigration friend to get my new VEC stamped two weeks ago.  He came back and told me flat out the price is "too high right now" and to do a border run.  He didn't even tell me the price.  I did the border run.

Border is shut tomorrow, apparently no guarantee it would be possible anyway.

Got offered a three year residents card for 650 dollars!
Also was asked for 370 dollars to renew 3month visa in country

I think the government should be helping as we are now trapped

Witty1 wrote:

Border is shut tomorrow, apparently no guarantee it would be possible anyway.

Got offered a three year residents card for 650 dollars!
Also was asked for 370 dollars to renew 3month visa in country

I think the government should be helping as we are now trapped

I suppose in these times 650 for a 3-year TRC is a good deal
It's the agents and officers who are raising the prices.

colinoscapee wrote:

I suppose in these times 650 for a 3-year TRC is a good deal
It's the agents and officers who are raising the prices.

I agree.  Overheard an ex-pat at dinner yesterday in Thao Dien and his buddy was a day from overstaying on a tourist visa and they got him a 30 day extension for $200. LOL