VEC Renewal

I am close to being at the end of my first 6 months in Vietnam with my wife on my VEC. Do I have to do a border run or can I renew the VEC for 6 months in HCMC at immigration?
The reason I asked is because with the Virus headaches I am a little worried I will not be allowed back in.
Thanks for any information. I tried searching but didn't have much luck.

pdbatt1 wrote:

I am close to being at the end of my first 6 months in Vietnam with my wife on my VEC. Do I have to do a border run or can I renew the VEC for 6 months in HCMC at immigration?
The reason I asked is because with the Virus headaches I am a little worried I will not be allowed back in.
Thanks for any information. I tried searching but didn't have much luck.

I would contact immigration. A friend of mine did an extension at the immigratiin office in Ben Tre, no need to do a border run. If you have to go to MocBai you wont have a problem as you are exiting and renentering at the same time.

If you contact SteinNebraska I think he just did the border run for his VEC.

Thanks much for the reply. My only option now is the Immigration office as Cambodia just closed its borders to US Citizens entering.

pdbatt1 wrote:

Thanks much for the reply. My only option now is the Immigration office as Cambodia just closed its borders to US Citizens entering.

You may want to check if its entering from an infected country, maybe they still allow border runs if they see you have been in Vietnam since the outbreak.