Wanted to buy... Suitcase

Hello All,

I recently arrived in Cambodia from India, and the airport baggage handlers somehow or other managed to destroy the telescoping handle I use to pull the suitcase.

Repair seems unlikely at this point. And negotiating a replacement will lead to endless frustration, rising blood pressure etc (trust me - I KNOW)

I am looking for a LARGE hardshell suitcase, preferably one with latches, as opposed to one with a zipper than runs through the middle. Must have wheels (two or four).

I appreciate any information that can be sent my way.

Thank you,
Kevin G

I have bought several, as most of the cheap suitcases are good for one or two international trips, between being cheaply made and baggage handlers, they don't last long, I buy mine at old market are central market, large cheap but look like they would hold up, but they don't! I would suggest you go to a higher end store maybe in aeon, or better yet buy a good one in your home country, these cheap Chinese made ones don't hold up

G'day Kevin,
You may want to think outside the square & try another option.

I met a guy that had a “gadget” made up from aluminium that resembles a small golf bag buggy.  It weighed 750gm total , including the two quality wheels.    The frame folds up , the wheels come off & it takes up very little space in your bag.  Re assembles in 30 secs.

He had a large travel duffel bag , with a security mesh net covering it.   Just took it off the baggage carousel, fold out the frame , clicked the wheels on & off you go. 

The wheels are good for most terrain.  Those suitcase wheels on busted pavements are irritating.   20/25 kg plus your carry on & easy to move around. 

That's my next project.  The gadget is shaped like a long triangle with seat belt like straps as support for bag.  I've seen them for sale , but they could be easily made at any metal fabrication shop.