Home decoration ideas for expats in the Philippines

Hello,

After moving to the Philippines, setting up home and turning your accommodation into your personal abode can be a great way to start off your new life and feel at home. We would like to know whether expats are keen on decorating and furnishing to warm up their space whether for the festive season or all year-round.

Upon renting a new apartment or house in the Philippines, do you redesign your accommodation to suit your taste? Are your choices influenced by price, climate, etc…?

Have you brought any interior decoration items from your home country or did you consider buying any once in the Philippines?

As an expat in the Philippines do you find it worthy to invest in home decor? Could you share what you have bought and perhaps some interesting places to shop for home decor?

How would you describe the local style of decoration? Have you picked up any item which reflects the local style?

Would you be inspired by the festive season to decorate and add a festive touch to your living space?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

I did,nt make any special decoration. Whyle we live always outside on our terras. We only sleep and eat inside. There only hanging some charcoal signed pictures from jazz musicie on the wall.
But I,m supporter from www. stichtinggoed.nl That,s a club who is giving nformation about the Dutch Gouverment. That,s more important then decoration, for me.

the first thing that I did when I built my home for my wife is put in an American size toilet and upgraded to US standard restroom/cr accommodations...the rest I let my wife Merlyn choose what she liked in our house especially her kitchen I left that all to herself...

You can try Furniture Source Phil, they import from IKEA items and selling it here, has a showroom in Santolan Metro manila. Otherwise u can wait a bit more, IKEA is expected to open its store near MOA in 2020