Accommodation and research work in uruguay.

i am Dr.Nimishkunar Viramgama.
I am a Professor in College.
My research Work on Meditation.i would further research work in south america (Uruguay). what can i do?
anybody help me??
i want accommodation and research work in uruguay.

Hi Viramgama,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I created a new topic as from your post on the Uruguay forum.

Good luck,
Christine

To search work you can see in:
trabajo.gallito.com.uy
buscojobs.com.uy
computrabajo.com.uy
or in LinkedIn

To rent a house you can see in:
gallito.com.uy/inmuebles
infocasas.com.uy
There are more sites, you can search them in google.

Generally to rent a house they ask you for a warranty, it could be 6 months of rent you should give at once which will given you back when you end the contract, or with at least 6 months (I think, I'm not sure if are 6 months or 1 year or more) of work in the same place, you have to make some paperworks in places as MVOTMA, Anda, Porto Seguros, Seguros Sura, BHU, here there are more information: https://www.gub.uy/tramites/garantia-alquiler

You can rent a room too, which is cheaper than a house, but don't gots the same comfort, you could search them in google as "pension", you have to pay only the next month, each month, there are a lot of pensiones which don't have a site on internet, but well, may you can find something.

It could be fine you check the supermarket prices too, there are some big supermarkets as Disco, Devoto, TaTa, Tienda Inglesa is the most expensive, and there are small stores, and street stores (ferias) where sometimes are cheaper, but the big supermarkets got websites and you can have an idea of the prices there.

About the health, we got public health wich could be no cost or low cost depending of the case, you can see more information here: http://www.asse.com.uy/
If you want a private service (I found the private services works better, are quicklier, trates you better, but well, it always depends on the professional who is working your case), some of the privates are Asociación Española, Casmu, Medica Uruguaya, SMI, Universal, Medicina Personalizada, British, and there are others.