Housing in Thessaloniki

Dear reader,

I am a native dutch youngman looking for a house or appartment in Thessaloniki. Can anyone help me to find one?

Im not sure where to look.

Thanks in advance

Hi Wesley, welcome to Expat.Com  :)

Try posting an advert in the Housing in Thessaloniki section of the website. You might get some offers.

You will also find some useful links in the Accommodation in Greece article, make sure you browse through the websites listed.

Are you new in Greece ?

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hi Wesley,
I don't know if you're planning on buying or renting, but prices and rents were really high in Thessaloniki and Athens before the crisis.  Now you can get something really good for much, much less than you could before. 

You're looking for a house or apartment in Thessaloniki at just the right time, because, now that the economy is going to start picking up again, prices on houses and apartments, and rents, are going to be going back up.

I lived in Kastoria, which is also in Greek Macedonia, for a couple years back in 2014 and 2015.  I can't tell you exactly where to look, but I know from other people that there are plenty of good deals for houses and apartments all over Thessaloniki now after the crisis hit.  You should have absolutley no problem finding something.

I know in Kastoria, when I was looking for an apartment, I went to the (Δημαρχειο) Town Hall, and they gave me a listing.  You can also try looking in their local newspapers.  I would try to find out what the local newspapers in Thessaloniki are and look online on those papers' listings.

I just googled Thessaloniki newspapers.  Here you go....Thessaloniki Newspapers