Moving to Bangkok, Thailand From Pakistan

Hi, 

This is Mrs. Abdul Samad from Lahore, Pakistan. I am a software engineer, married and mother of a 1.5-year-old daughter. My husband has gotten a job in Bangkok in Central World, Pathum Wan district and we will soon be moving from Pakistan to Bangkok. Its difficult to start a life in a new country when you know nothing about the new place and we have no friends there as well. Can you kindly spare some time to help me out with few concerns mentioned below?

1. Where do you or most of the Pakistani community live? (Especially around Central World, Pathum Wan or Sukhumvit, Bangkok)

2.How much is the rent of a condominium of 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom having amenities like refrigerator, air conditioner, washing machine, microwave, stove, TV? Our range is not more than 20,000 THB. Kindly do mention few such buildings close to BTS if you know.

3. What do you prefer when living in Bangkok: Personal conveyance or BTS? Can we get personal conveyance in reasonable price?

4. Can we bring along household items like kitchen ware (cooking pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, crockery, utensils, blender, grinder, chopper, juicer), bedding, iron, quilts? And how?   

5. Can we bring 1-month grocery (wheat flour, spices, baby food, toiletries) as to start a life there?

6. Is wheat flour available there in Bangkok?

7. What is the weather in Bangkok from September to February?

8. What other challenges new expats have to face according to you?

Your help in this is much appreciated. I'll be very grateful to you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

I am not expat but I can try to answer as much as I can
1.  I don't really know
2. It is very possible to get room in that price u can also look at housing forum in this web.  My company posted a lot of room that currently vacant and ready to move in with everything pots,pans, utensils and everything.  We also help client open account.  We provide support for renter.  U can also message me personally.
3.  It is depend on how much is reasonable.  I think transportation here is inexpensive.  There are Uber, grab, line that offer pick up service.
https://www.bts.co.th/eng/routemap.html   - bts
https://travelhappy.info/bangkok-bts-and-mrt-map/  - MRT
4. U can but we have everything here.  We have ikea. Pot set is around 1000 (least 2 type short and tall)
5.  I think u can try to bring stuff along but I would not suggest that.  Just because there are chances that u might have to throw it out or some bugs in the food.  Food here is inexpensive.  For me buying is much cheaper than cooking
6.  Mostly hot
7. Language problem most people here speak Thai

Very helpful! I appreciate your kind suggestions. Thank you so much 😊

About condo rental, do you prefer one year contact or you wanna settle up for a few months first? There's a company doing monthly rent and they only take one month deposit. Might give you some flexibilities in this way.

Hasn't the new law passed tha states that anyone renting more than 5 condos or running an apartment block can only take 1 months deposit and a tenant can be released after one months notice? Was all over the news last year

Hi Mrs. Samat,
I just recently came to Thailand and I feel your struggle. I'll try to help with what I have learned.

2. I live with my bf in a quite nice place with 2 bedrooms, small kitchen, tiny balcony, a big living room and a decent bathroom with a seperate shower. We pay 19000Bht without electricity, which usually is around 1500 to 2000bht. We live 15min walk from bts away in Chewathai Condominium. They have 3 branches.

4. if you can carry it you could, but in Thailand those things are pretty cheap to get. We have pretty cheap street shops and local shops. They won't understand that much English, but they are willing to help.

5. as much as you can carry of course, but I doubt that it is cheaper in India than here, so don't stock on it just for Thailand.

6. yes they do. there is a big super market called Big C for example that has almost everything. All you need for a normal price.

7. usually the rainy season is wearing off towards the end of the year and there are a few 'fresh', not cold days in December. It starts to get really hot again around March or April.

8. Just be openminded and a lot of things that are normal for us, could be totally different here. For example for me it was weird how they deal with sim cards and your mobile internet. Basically you go every month somewhere to pay it.

Hope I could help a bit. If you are wondering what to do it Bangkok, I found this helpful blog online called bangkokhaps.com. They have lots of things to do in Bangkok, with restaurants, coupons, the blog is all about bangkok and living there.

Have a safe trip^^