What’s involved in Importing building materials to Cebu

What is involved in shipping building materials (such as impact resistant windows) to Cebu to be installed in a home I'm going to have built?  What is the customs cost and how hard is it to do?

Thanks

Easy to do as long as all the correct forms are submitted and Customs costs paid.  Custom cost vary depending on the type of material it is and amount.  Best if you contact an international freight company for more information.

Who's going to be installing these windows? If you are building in the Province, the carpenters do things way different then we to in the west. I gave up on trying to build like we do here, and just let them do it they way they have been doing it for years. My place turned it pretty nice to.

Yes if your materials are too far from the norm of what the locals use you may have some problems. Still the question is, why impact glass windows? sounds like a lot of expense for safety?

Since the topic is about shipping stuff to th PH, I wonder what you all think about shipping all your furniture and stuff. I was talking to a guy who has been in the Philippines three times, just for two weeks the 1st two times, 3 wks just this last time.  He told me he wants to build a western style house with the blue prints he has of his house in the west, ( in the Province, 4 hour drive south of Cebu city), and he wants to ship all is furniture here. I think he should just sell it all, and  buy what he needs here, or put it in storage (in case he changes his mind about living there).

Uniden wrote:

Since the topic is about shipping stuff to th PH, I wonder what you all think about shipping all your furniture and stuff. I was talking to a guy who has been in the Philippines three times, just for two weeks the 1st two times, 3 wks just this last time.  He told me he wants to build a western style house with the blue prints he has of his house in the west, ( in the Province, 4 hour drive south of Cebu city), and he wants to ship all is furniture here. I think he should just sell it all, and  buy what he needs here, or put it in storage (in case he changes his mind about living there).

I looked at this and seemed very expensive. That is if you cant fill a container the volume charges are excessive. But if I could fill a container the cost was the same as sending by ship a large dining table and chairs along with a contemporary couch/sofa set up. So I bought local and it wasnt quite what I wanted but the savings were large enough to keep me quiet :)
So if he fills a container he should be ok and also he will have the style and quality he wants/fancies .

I have lived in a western style house and community in the Philippines since the 70s up until mid 80s. But without hi impact windows.
I would say they use more cement than wood on the houses probably due to supply and humidity.
Why hi impact windows? You can send them over however it will cost you in shipping. You will need to have a direct hand in installing them and understand the carpenters may not be familiar how these are installed.
In lieu of high impact windows, people use window grates for security, but if you are concerned about security this much, is this country the right place for you?

To find freight services, you can reach out to the business than send stuff to the Philippines.
I assumed you are in the US.
You can Google something like this:
"balikbayan box queens new york"
You can find a shipper near your area.