International schools in Turkey

Hello everyone. I'm planning to move to Izmir and am hoping to study 11th grade in an international school (don't know the language well enough to study in a public school). The fee is also important. Can anyone help me out?

International Schools in Turkey are great at marketing and few actually deliver. The ones that do, cost an arm an a leg. Easily expect to pay USD 15,000 (minimum) to about $25,000 per year for your studies. This would not include bus service and a host of 'extra' bills you will pay throughout the year.

Short answer, it is a business. The local Turkish schools won't accept you, as I believe it is the law. You have to go to an international school (someone please correct me on this).

All non-Turkish students have to attend international schools, so start searching around. Schools do an excellent job at marketing, only later on to find out that the English Language class is being taught by a Turkish speaking teacher, who is still finding it difficult to understand foreign accents. It is a comedy of errors that will make you cry and you get to pay for it.

The expensive schools like Tarabya have their shit together. Most of the others don't. Be sure to look at time-tables and they are not conflicting. For example if you want to take Maths, Physics and Chemistry, you might find out, Math and Chemistry is taught at the same time --- bummer!

Make sure they ACTUALLY have the students in their classes. Most will say they are full, but when the semester actually starts they are short or the class has zero students. Meet up the teacher. Speak to the principal and the support staff and other teachers. Visit the school ATLEAST 3 times on 3 different occasions. The schools basically care if you can pay or not. Everything else is BS.

Your fees HAS to be quoted in TL by law. Not in any other currency. Ask about other costs, manadatory trips or events, optional events, supplies, uniform (if any), testing fees, this fees and that fees. Fees, fees, fees, they will suck more out of you than a starving swarm of mosquitoes.

You have been warned. Do your homework and then again.