Volunteering

Anyone know how to get into the medical system as a volunteer?  Looking to do some volunteer nursing where areas need most. Registered American Nurse. Thanks!

Hi
There are groups that come and stay at my lodge with volunteers BUT I don't recommend  them , because all they seem to do is go into the dangerous  drug infested areas and hand out drugs ..pills  etc and  pain killers etc.
.I think that is pure Stupidity..but I will keep my eye peeled.
I often host volunteers who help with stray dogs ...are you good with that,? ..badly needed here in Costa Rica.
! I also have rescued many  many   dogs over the years,  but I'm getting too old now... so  I am down to 5 love bugs furry faces on my little farm.. Good Luck let me know of you are good with dogs? and when  and for how long available ?

Yes, many of my med friends do the go bandage and hand out pills. I'm not into that either. Actually, I'm very holistic which makes me feel at home here. There is so much to know about eating right, taking care of yourself and believing that your body was made to take care of itself. I have dogs but good with them?  I can love em like crazy lol. I wondered about the stray thing because you see dogs all over   Right now I am heading back to the states for the beautiful spring at the end of the month. Where are you located?  I'd love to get involved. Thanks for the reply!

If you have checked online, you will know that most volunteer positions, with the exception of working with street dos, will cost you both room & board plus the cost for allowing you to provide the volunteer service you are offering. Speaking Spanish would improve your chances, but still expect to pay for the privilege of doing so.

Ah thank you!  Well, I live here and speak a navigational amount of Spanish but living here help. Thanks for the info!