Cannot procees DP cause Employer not registered in MDEC

Hi all,

I am indonesian consultant that Holding an EP valid from Nov 2017 until Nov 2019 (2 year). And i bring also my family to Malaysia, they holding the DP with exactly same period. There is no issue for the EP and DP process that time.

On the Oct 2018 my wife already delivery a baby in malaysia.

When we want to get the DP for the baby, it seem the employer already not enlisted in the MDEC Directory meaning they cannot apply any EP or DP base on the  employer information.

Now the question what should i do for my baby imigration status?
Do anyone have these situation and how to solve it?

My Baby already Got Birth Certificate from JPN and Passport from Indonesia Embassy.

Many thanks before

Get an immigration agent to make the application. Ask employer for referal to the company that they used to get your EP and DP

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for your reply.

"Get an immigration agent to make the application."
Do you mean if employer cannot do, can be done using immigration agent?

For doing this will it effecting my current EP and DP that already issued? I mean the process you mention does it mean to redo all the DP and EP?

Yes the immigration agent will make the application based on your EP. It won't affect your EP. You will just be adding a new dependent.

However if you are no longer employed by the company mentioned on your EP then that will cause a problem as EPs are not transferable from one employer to another

The immigration agent will need a 'No objection' letter from your employer to make the application (the reason is the letter confirms the employer is aware of the application because the EP and DPs are in legal terms sponsored by them)