Sheep skins

When one drives northwest out of Nairobi along the highway toward Nakuru, there are often several sellers along the road with racks of animal skins for sale, sheep I believe though I have never looked closely.  I'm interested in buying but have always hesitated because I have no idea what a fair price is.  Does anyone know what fair prices are (the skins vary in size)?  Thanks for any answers.

I've been tempted to buy one as a bedside rug for years but then my dad had narrated a very funny story to me of his experience with them.
He bought one for his car dash (in the funky 1980's  :cool: ) and a few days later there was a terrible smell which he couldn't locate. He finally suspected the skin and lifted it off... Maggots!!
Lesson: Make sure the skins have been properly dried/treated and also remember that the skin will probably make the room smell like there's a live sheep lurking around.
I'm actually waiting for the day I come across someone who has one in their home. There must be a reason they aren't popular, but then, they've been selling them along that road for decades.  :/
Please share the prices you get when you finally get a chance to stop and inquire.

Thanks for the reply; I'll keep you posted.