Where can I donate my household items?

So my girlfriend and I have been inspired by Marie Kondo and we are decluttering our apartment. We have stuff (clothes, old cookware, books, etc) that I'd like to donate.

Back in Ohio, my habit was to donate a box or two of old stuff to either St. Vincent de Paul, Goodwill, or Salvation Army almost every season. For broken metal junk, I'd take it to Cohen recycling.

My girlfriend has never done this before, so she doesn't know.

What organizations accept these donations in Ecuador (specifically in Guayaquil)?

Hi Dude...

If I were donating in the Big G, I'd visit the big local church with a list of the items and get guidance there.

cccmedia

lebowski888 wrote:

So my girlfriend and I have been inspired by Marie Kondo and we are decluttering our apartment. We have stuff (clothes, old cookware, books, etc) that I'd like to donate.

Attention, Non-Dude readers....

De-clutter guru Marie Kondo's book The Magic of Tidying Up is available via Amazon Kindle for $3.99, or free to Kindle Unlimited members.

One of her tips is to toss everything you don't love or get inspired by.

cccmedia

Update (Jan.25):  The Amazon Kindle price for Marie Kondo's Summary: Magic of Tidying Up is $3.99 .. the extended version of the book is $9.99 on Kindle .. or free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers.

The Kindle Cloud Reader is free to Amazon's book customers.

Do like we did in Memphis, TN - any unwanted items, just leave them outside overnight on the curb or on your porch - they'll be gone by morning if not sooner!

Both previous suggestions are good. I know for certain churches take donated items as they collected everything from food to blankets to tents during the big earthquake in 2016.

If some items are small, you can also put them in bags and give them to the neighborhood poor. I mainly do this with clothing though.

If there is furniture, electronics, games blankets, a local orphanage is another option.