Which are safe affordable localities for expat working in Coolsingel?

Based on an offer from a company in Coolsingel, Rotterdam I will be moving to Rotterdam for long term stay in a months time. Kindly suggest good localities around Coolsingel based on below constraints I have.
1. Must be reachable from Coolsingel in 30 mins by train/metro.
2. My budget for rent is around 1000 euros per month for 2 bedrooms. How many adults and kids <2 years are allowed in 1 bedroom house?
3. I will need to travel to Brussels once (sometimes twice) bi-weekly. So proximity / easy accessibility to train/metro station on the way to Brussels from Rotterdam is desirable.
4. What's the minimum contract period while renting out? Can I sign the contract for 6 months only?
5. Locality should be crime free and family-friendly for expats. Easy access to supermarket/grocery shops etc. is desirable.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Rotterdam is a city, Coolsingel is right in the middle, but the name suggests it's some kind of a ring road; there is plenty of public transport and it's a 10-minute walk from the central train station; my advice is to use the internet and search for apartments to rent; nobody will rent anything to you until you actually get there, so my advice is to book yourself an AirBnB for the first couple of weeks, travel over alone then find somewhere to live long-term

How many adults - if they are close family (i.e. mother. son/daughter, child, then there is nothing I can find that restricts the number.  There is a national restriction that prohibits more than 4 unrelated adults living in the same dwelling.

The IC train runs from Rotterdam to Brussels.

Contract duration - there is nothing in terms of law regarding this, you will need to negotiate with your landlord.

Holland is generally crime-free, but there's good and bad all over the world, including xenophobes; don't rush your move, pick your new home carefully and everything should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team