Rent a flat or a house in Rotterdam

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Rotterdam. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Rotterdam.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Rotterdam?

How to find a home in Rotterdam: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi

A very important topic...in the beginning I had some difficulties to find  a suitable house in Rotterdam....

But what I do know is that get a rental house, you have to meet the following conditions:

- A labour contract or a proof of (steady) income (or somebody who will be the main financial supporter, like a husband/wife or a relative member)
- A few salary specifications that show that you have been paid by your employer (only if you already started working!)
- Offcourse a proper ID ( pasport or a legimate ID-card)

After they have matched you with a suitable house/appartment (which both parties agreed upon), they usually ask you to pay: the first month rent amount right a way, a deposit which is the same as 1 month rent ( this amount you will receive back after you stop renting the appartment) and a commission for the real estate agency (which is usually the same as 1 month rent amount)

I had some good experience with Korrekt Wonen. They have a large network.
Good luck!
-

Welcome to Expat.com Chakir32 and thanks for your contribution.;)

Harmonie.