Customs problems on incoming package.

I have my mail forwarded by a re-mailing service in the states by FedEx and it arrives in several days. From Walgreens I order 6 packages of Neuropathy rubbing oil for my wife $17.99 each, (here in the the Philippines it's $50+ each from Lazada. From Sam's Club 2 bottles of Turmeric Curcumin & 2 bottles Omega -3 Krill Oil. From Amazon I ordered 1,000 Baby Aspirins (81mg). Everything was common off the shelf products. All of the stuff arrive at my re-mailer in 3 days and they repackaged  it all with my mail & three days later it arrive in Pasay on December 3rd.

FedEx tracking says in clearance process "no action required at this time" Numerous emails to FedEX
get no response other than contact Customs. I sent my son over to customs, because they didn't answer the phone after calling everyday, the only thing he found out that the Baby Aspirins needs a Doctors prescription. FedEx informs me that they will be charging about $9 a day after 14 days storage & after 30 days it will be turned over to Philippines Customs for disposal. So I spent $90 with Fedex & $200 for the other stuff. How many hoops do I have to jump through before I hit a brick wall?

I GIVE UP

So it appears that instead of buying in the Philippines you decided to save money by having it shipped in. Even though the items cost more than twice as much in the Philippines you might be better off buying here rather than trying to save by shipping in.  Reminds me of some Bob Dylan:
           Everybody said they'd stand behind me when the game got ruff
           But the joke was on me, there was nobody even there to bluff
           I'm goin back to New York City, I do believe I've had enough.

Yes so true about $300 dollars down the tubes. Some Customs officials family will get a free gift on me, hope they enjoy the stuff.