Bringing pets to Thailand

My wife & I will be relocating and retiring in Chiang Mai in March 2019.  We will bring our pet dog (Labrador Retriever).  Are there any exPats in Chiang Mai who have relocated their pet(s) from the USA to Chiang Mai?

I recommend checking with Relo4paws. You can search for them on Facebook.
I haven't used them myself, but heard many good things about them in local animal groups.

Thank you Erakawasaki.  I will check out Relo4paws.

Best Regards,

Richard

I arrived with my cat. We didn't use any service. I got a ticket with Korean Air, since I understood I could bring him into the cabin with me. But no, he was too FAT and needed to be stowed in the baggage hold. It's not really the baggage hold since it is pressurized.
He's a pretty courageous cat, but for a long time afterwards he startled from hearing jets overhead.

I'm gearing up to make the move to Thailand.  I am bringing a Shih Tzu with me, and was looking at the various forms and timelines for his travel.  It looks like a very short window of time.  Of course I go into over-thinking; if there's a hiccup with the US vet which causes a delay in an appointment.  I was hoping to clear the dog, then book the ticket but the embassy outline looks like a ticket is part of the number 1 step (5 steps). 

To those who have done this, how smoothly does the pet process go? 

Should I apply for my visa at the same time I apply for the pet approval?

Does anyone know why a pet sees a regular vet and not jut the usda vet?