Moving from Turkey to Pakistan

Hi everone, this is Ehsan.

I am Turkish born Pakistani male (40). I hold Turkish passport and have valid Pakistan Origin Card (POC). I currently live in Turkey.

I will retire a few months later. I plan to move to Islamabad. Naturally, some questions appeared in my mind.

First issue, after the retirement I will receive 33,000 rupees approximately per month. Is this money enough for a single man? I'm very confused about this. Everybody says different things.. Of course I know that every person has a different habit of spending. So I am asking in general.

The biggest problem for me is where I'll stay. At first times I don't want to rent the apartment. I did some research on the Internet. I found some hostels in Islamabad.

These hostels offer a single room with attached bathroom, air conditioning, 3 time meals per day, unlimited laundry service, wifi. These are the things what I want. The single room rate is between 18,000 - 20,000 rupees. An average of 13,000 rupees remain.

Are there more affordable hostels with the above features? I especially need the help of those who live in Islamabad.

The second issue, I have insurance that covered by the state in Turkey. The state pays for surgery and tests. I'm going to be completely uninsured in Pakistan. So how do you do it? Do you pay all the costs yourself?

Can you recommend a reliable health insurance covering all the costs of testing, imaging and surgery?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, Dear,         I am born Pakistani. I know  very well. In Pakistan the cheating is very high. You may only live in this money without health coverage. Mostly people have no health coverage. I have not heard. The hostel you are telling may charge you 20,000 rupees per month but they will increase 10% every month. What do you want to do there in Pakistan?

Hi HafeezKhan,

First of all thank you very much for your reply. ;)

Does the monthly 10% price increase only apply to hostels? Or is it also a rule for apartment rents?

For example, rents are increased by the annual rate of inflation in Turkey. The landlord may choose not to increase the rent.

Note: I want to go to Pakistan to live the rest of my life.

Best Regards

Hi Ehsan Khan,

Welcome to Islamabad, Pakistan.

Life is very easy and enjoyable at Islamabad. Its much secure and very calm place as compare to other cities. Are you coming with your family or alone?

33,000 is sufficient or not? it totally depends upon your life style. But due to high cost of living at Islamabad I would disagree its a sufficient amount.

House/flat/building rents are increased an annual basis or up-to the owner.

It would be best if you join any organization based on your experience/qualifications and spend a good lifestyle.

I can help you finding good apartments/hostels at Islamabad. Please let me know incase you need any help.

BR

Hi Mubashirse, first of all thank you very much for your reply. ;)

As I mentioned in my first message, I will come to Pakistan alone. Of course, I have a few months to retirement.

I actually wanted to enjoy my retirement in Pakistan. But I understand that this will be a little difficult.

What can I say about my lifestyle? I'm not a stingy person. But I'm frugal.

Because of I'm vegetarian my meals are cheap in general. Of course I don't smoke and drink alcohol.

Mandatory requirements;

A- The place where I live must be hygienic and clean. Unlimited laundry service.
B- Cheap priced drinkable water (I drink 2-3 liters per day).
C- Adequate and satisfactory hospital service in case of need.

If my salary isn't enough for all of this. So we have a problem Houston  :)

Best Regards

I will get back to you inshaAllah.
PM me your WhatsApp number

Hi, Dear,  10 % increase to all rental properties...What skills do you have at your hand....do you know urdu and what else...

Hi HafeezKhan,

I graduated from public relations and advertising. Unfortunately my father didn't teach me Urdu.

But the Turkish language and the Urdu language share a lot of common words.

So, with a professional help I can learn Urdu in a short time.

Best Regards

Hi, Ehsan Khan,    I think  you should  think about some small business in the area of Turkey....Georgia...Azerbaijan. These countries are rich....and cheaper than Pakistan. Particularly City of Batumi...1 bed room apartment is 200 $ per month..vegetables fruits are cheap....transport is cheap and you are in a good culture...less street crime and cheating...You can sell Leather jackets....in  Georgia...Ukraine....Azerbaijan. please tell me if you can travel to Russia do you need visa..or better tell me around  Turkey in which  countries you do not need visa...Next you look in Istanbul sheep Leather  jackets for ladies and men...what are their Prices. I can guide you...but first it is your willingness.

Dear HafeezKhan,

Please accept my sincere thanks for your suggestions.

I have to say clearly that I need peace of mind for the rest of my life. Therefore, I do not intend to work after retirement.

So I understand according to your opinion that 33k rupees is not enough for me to live alone in Pakistan.

But what I don't understand is that the minimum wage in Pakistan is about 250 USD. So logically, 33k rupees should be very adequate for one person. I'm so confused.

I look at current living costs from websites such as Numbeo. Everything seems fine. On the other hand, the informations given in the forums are just the opposite.

Think of a country that everyone says different things about this country.

Think of a country that you should never go if you are not connected to an international firm. Or If you are not a millionaire, you should never go.

That sounds a little unreal to me. I do not accept this idea. and I'm really disappointed at the moment.

..I'm so sorry, HafeezKhan, my uprising isn't against you.

Regards

HI,   EHSAN KHAN.....THE WHOLE  THINGS ARE IN FRONT OF YOU...HEALTH INSURANCE...AND LIVING COST...YOU HAVE TO DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Hi all,

I have a question for people currently staying in a rented house in Pakistan.

- Does your home rent increase by 10% every month?

# 10% rent increase every month makes > 120% rent increase in a year. OMG, can you just imagine that for a minute? :)

If this information were true, the people would rebel in Pakistan.

I am still waiting for the help of valuable people living in Islamabad.

and as you know, writing in capital letters mean shouting on the internet. Polite and well educated people do not shout.

ps: you can also reach me by private message. I check every day.

Hi,   No ....It is 10% for every year....not every month.

dear bro in Pakistan food housing health medicine  its v cheap compare to turkey one imp thing you needs to known Pakistan is very hot country avg in summer from 35 to 45 & in most of areas in Pakistan there is heavy load shedding in summer 5 to 16 hours no power depends on ur location good luck

Hello Brother. Thanks for your reply firstly.

Hot climate (upto 40-C) is not a problem. However, it would be good to have a ceiling fan only when I sleep. I don't like sweating when I sleep :)

I've heard about a power outage. Some of my friends said that a power outage in Islamabad is seldom.

But, Pakistan has nuclear power. The planned power outage in the 21st century does not make sense.

Regards

the main reason Pakistan didnt build new dams from last 30 years and our population is now 5th in world and i forgot one thing we got mosquitoes also  :lol:

I don't belong to the royal family, man.  :D

There are mosquitoes in Turkey. We use pesticides for flies. It works  ;)

To tell you the truth, just Malaria scares me a little  :|

correct  dont forget do vaccinations of hepatitis,  typhoid and malaria
typhoid  is very common in pakistan i my self got it 4 times
good luck Bro

Thank you very much for sharing your information with me.

I think. If you liver conservatively you can. Yes living in hostel can cut price. There are always good and bad in every country. You have to workout how to manage in 33k. In the begining you might have issues to get to know cheaper places to buy veg and food. But you can settle your self conservatively. But if you dont want to do any job and want to live peacefully then as per my understanding you want to live your life. I must say then you should try northern areas of pakistan. Try any small town which is nsturally beautiful and u can live more cheaper way. Just a suggestion

Many thanks for your suggestion, ODAN.

Can you give a few examples to the cities or towns you are talking about?

The problem is, yes my origin comes from Pakistan. but I look like the europeans.

If I'm not mistaken, small cities and towns are seriously conservative. They may not welcome me.

Even radical groups can kidnap and kill me.

@Ehsan,

Pakistan is a peaceful country. Kidnapping, killing etc is everywhere in the world but much controlled. What media makes and shows picture of Pakistan is strange and entirely different thing. They show us as a country in a war state and nothing exist in reality except rare interruption in some areas near Iran , Afghan border which is thousands of miles away from Islamabad.

You can come, live, stay and enjoy at Pakistan in any city safe and sound.

Don't be afraid. You will love hospitality of people.

Asalam o Alaikum

I have a question .. actually two ..

you said you are single and 40, I understand there can be medical condition where one can not work .. is that one of the reasons you dont want to work, because 40 is not an age to retire .. one is too young .. so economic numbers will not work out in any country.

Second .. I have been to pakistan and turkey and turkey is about 1/3rd the cost of pakistan when all things are put together .. dont go with averages .. I will strongly advice against chosing pakistan if you want to live an easy life .. so on the same token .. let me ask you this .. what are the reasons you are not considering Turkey as a place to live ? I am not saying live in Istanbul .. you can live in a smaller town for probably 1/3rd the cost.

Your enquiry got my attention because I am 46 and I am considering to retire in Turkey , I am originally from Pakistan .. and i love Pakistan and Turkey the Same its just Pakistan is so much more expensive.

so I am just curious ... sorry if I asked any too personal question .. I just see myself on the other side of the line you are trying to cross

Hello rehanbhatti44,

As this topic is quite old (2018), the chances to have an aswer from the original poster is quite low.
I would advise you to create a New Topic instead :)

Regards.

Loïc
Expat.com Team