Hoi An Australian wishes to meet other Hoi An expats.

I am a 72 year old male, happy, healthy and active, married to a Viet and living in Hoi An. However, I have yet to meet another expat  to occasionally socialize with here.  I love snorkelling, badminton, most things, even Karaoke and although I enjoy a beer, I am not into frequenting bars where the patrons are mainly tourists.   
     Thanks to my wife, I do have Viet friends, but I do not speak Viet and hence miss the companionship of English speaking people with whom I have more in common. 
     So I do hope that someone upon reading this, appreciates my plight and will get in touch.
                         Bye for now,  Bill

pogopop wrote:

I am a 72 year old male, happy, healthy and active, married to a Viet and living in Hoi An. However, I have yet to meet another expat  to occasionally socialize with here.  I love snorkelling, badminton, most things, even Karaoke and although I enjoy a beer, I am not into frequenting bars where the patrons are mainly tourists.   
     Thanks to my wife, I do have Viet friends, but I do not speak Viet and hence miss the companionship of English speaking people with whom I have more in common. 
     So I do hope that someone upon reading this, appreciates my plight and will get in touch.
                         Bye for now,  Bill

Hi Bill,

There is a Facebook group for Đà Nẵng and Hội An expats:

On Facebook, search for

DanangHoianexpats

All one word, then look under "groups" tab.

If you are ever headed up to Đà Nẵng, send me a private message and let me know. A fellow expat and I often get together in the Mỹ Khê Beach area in the late afternoon. You would be welcome to join us for an introductory chat.

Hello Oceanbeach,
       I don't know if this reply is private or not because I
am unfamiliar with this forum format.
       So would you confirm if this reply is for your eyes only?  If so, I will give you further details.
                                                                                                                          Bill

pogopop wrote:

Hello Oceanbeach,
       So would you confirm if this reply is for your eyes only?  If so, I will give you further details.
                                                                                                                          Bill

Hello @pogopop,
If you want to send a private message to a forum member, please click on his/her avatar to go to his/her profile page. You'll find the "send a message" option there.
Cheers!

pogopop wrote:

Hello Oceanbeach,
                                                                                                                          Bill

Not. It's public. The previous post with instructions should help you.