Retirement visa

Do i need a permanent address in Thailand to put on my Retirement visa for Canberra or can i just put my hotel address? Also whats rhe best method of finding a condo in Thailand given that i cant speak Thai.

Pete152 wrote:

Do i need a permanent address in Thailand to put on my Retirement visa for Canberra or can i just put my hotel address? Also whats rhe best method of finding a condo in Thailand given that i cant speak Thai.

That's a good question. Maybe some other forum members who applied for their retirement visas in home country can answer what address they put on their application. I applied for my retirement visa once I was here, so I had a permanent address already. As for finding a condo, I would stay in a hotel near the area you want to live and walk to the condos you're interested in renting and many times, there will be a real estate company on the bottom floor who can show you available rooms. Most agencies have people who speak English. You can also use google maps to find condos in the area you want and sometimes they will have their own websites.
Good luck...

You will want to have an address that is stable for the duration of the process of doing the retirement visa... there are several steps to it (get bank account, OA visa, then retirement visa) and changing address during the process can be inconvenient and more costly.

If you can get a:  Non-Immigrant Visa  “O-A” (Long Stay) visa in your home country that saves a step and may only take a month or so.

You can use a hotel address... it's just about staying parked in one place. 

Condo:  if you are in or around a major city, you won't have problems with language... there is typically someone who knows some english in almost any place you'll go.

I found a condo online at Agoda.com really easy. There are TONS of places!  If you know the neighborhoods in advance it's easier to get an area you'll more prefer.   If you don't know yet, it's part of the fun of exploring a new area either by researching online or just trying it for a while.  :)

You should have a TM30. Use the address on that.

Contact The Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra and you will know new requirements.

Google for accommodation that is best for You and Do not rent long term!