10-YR Carte de Sejour Renewal

Hello Expats!

Does anyone here who are going to renew their titre de sejour with 10 years validity this year? What are the basic requirements? Does prefecture really asked for level A2 in french language? Also, do they ask diploma or a certification is enough?

Thanks!

Hi MariaClara,
I recently got my 10-yr Carte de séjour - I applied last December at the Montpellier Préfecture. I was elegible because I had been married for more than 4 years to a French national.
There is a language requirement, but they assess this during your interview. I don't think you need to provide a diploma/certificate, but I can't say this for sure, since I simply gave them one.
You need to check with your préfecture (usually on their website) for their requirements, as each is different.
Here's my experience: http://slowtravelin.blogspot.com/2017/1 … -card.html
Good luck!
Julie

I have just received my 10 year Carte de Sejour and there was definitely NOT a language requirement.
I'm not sure where the other post received her information but it is the first time I have ever seen any reference to it and I'm positive that what she has said is wrong.