Need advice on how to manage plot of land in western PR

So my father is from P.R and he inherited some land there years ago but hasn't really known what to do, and how to go about doing something with this land. The land is out in the hills, in maybe not the nicest place but it's definitely lush and paradise like for someone that appreciates it.

He'd like me to help him do something with it, but I honestly don't know the first thing about real estate, and I came up in the states, so I would be lost out there in a pueblo. I'm looking for any advice from northeners that have property or have knowledge of how things work with property when you live in the states.

Any advice would be helpful.

Crimpr.net
This site,  if you have the information,  gives property tax information. We just bought land. Everything is done with lawyers.

Hire a real estate attorney to make sure everything is properly registered and the deed recorded.    :cool:

Once you make sure the property is properly recorded, the net thing is to pay any taxes that may be due. the government can take it and sell it if the taxes are not up to date.

then you need to decide if you are going to sell it, farm it or build on it a retirement home.

PR is a small piece of a paradise, years from now you may want to live there.

Do you know the town? Have you thought about setting up a rental, or a farm that's leased out?   Depending on where the land is and how much land there is you could sell it however in most areas prices aren't always great for the seller.   

I have been volunteering in Puerto Rico helping people with construction and farming.  I have different friends that are interested in different things as far as building rentals, owning land, managing vacation property's ...

The more you know about the actual property the better of a decisions you can make as to how to manage it.  I am not sure of your goals or what you're looking to get from this property.  If you care to discuss some options I can help with what I know or point you in the direction of someone who does.

You will need a real estate attorney.  If you don't have one,  I know an excellent attorney in the southwest who helped us with our purchase.  I f you want her info, please private message me.