Recently purchased in Sittee

HI,
After coming to Belize for the last 13 years, we have finally purchased a house in Sittee. We will be down in October for 2 weeks to make a few repairs but will be looking to rent the house as we are not planning on moving there permanently just yet.

Where is a good place (other then this site) to advertise houses for rent (long term rental as opposed to weekly)?

Thanks
caroline

Viviun and longtermlettings are 2 that I've looked at but there are a lot of rentals posted on Facebook too. I know that there's a Facebook rental group for Placencia but not sure if there's one for Hopkins/Sitte.

I plan to move in 2019 and would like to check with you for availability.

HI,
We are going in October to do minor repairs and update and after that, it will be open for rental. Currently we don't have anyone lined up.Let me know if you would like more details. It a small house - for 2 - open concept. Fully furnished. Large deck and a wildlife viewing platform in the water. 2 bikes, 2 sea kayaks,.

caroline

Do you plan on registering with the BTIA - the Belize Tourism Industry Association.  It is highly recommended that you do as the BTIA does monitor the various rental websites to ensure that all rentals are accounted for.

Hi Wendy,
Yes we will get out BTB license.
Caroline

Didn't think you needed to register with BTIA if you're only doing long term rentals. It's the vacation rentals that they want to regulate for tourism.

Verify with BTB about what constitutes a long term rental and a short term rental.  Definitions vary over time.