Flying to Malta with dog on Air Malta

llp wrote:

?????

That's the reason SVALE gave for no longer wishing to travel between the UK & Malta, hence the cause of her having to fly her dog here

According to their profile they are English not TCN.

svale wrote:

The issue is that we can't reside permanently in Malta after Brexit as there are restrictions on third party nationals. We were always planning to retire permanently but this has now been forward. For the past year we were only staying in the UK as my husband needed an op and this kept on being postponed, We cannot keep on commuting beween the UK and Malta. Anyway, this is irrelevant.

My posting was really to get some feedback about anyone who had used Air Malta to fly dogs into Luqa - not anything else. Yes there are other airlines who fly to Malta but  all the bucket airlines - Easyjet Ryan Air etc do not fly pets. To my knowledge only Air Malta and Thomas Cook do.

None of the replies so far really help me

I didn't say she she was - she did - check the quote above

She also seemed very confident in knowing all about the post-Brexit changes, so I was inquiring when these changes had been decided

I brought my puppy from London Southend to Malta
Easy process she was 15 weeks and they charged me £50 travel for the dog.  She was in the hold with the luggage   No problem when she got to Malta is more of a problem taking my dog back to Uk as they don't do the same they say it's got to cargo

We flew both our dogs with Air Malta in September 2017 to Malta from U.K. Roughly £60 each. They needed suitable cages and travelled in hold. The biggest problem was, you need to book flight then book dog. If there is no availability on that flight for dogs, you need to rebook and this process is frustrating! Finally needed to ring Air Malta for help?
Before Brexit pet passport will make this easier, you need to obtain pet passport and make sure dog has vet check near to travel and wormer too.
Good luck.
If worried about stress for dog you can get a spray to put on the bedding to relax him/ her.

Arlogg wrote:

I brought my puppy from London Southend to Malta
Easy process she was 15 weeks and they charged me £50 travel for the dog.  She was in the hold with the luggage   No problem when she got to Malta is more of a problem taking my dog back to Uk as they don't do the same they say it's got to cargo

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I wouldn't worry too much about terminology, "hold with the luggage" is where the cargo goes as well;  most passenger-carrying aircraft also carry cargo as well.

Cynic
Expat Team

I contacted Air Malta on Facebook as we are going to move to Malta in March 2022. I was told they fly pets every day from Heathrow. They can go as checked-in baggage if the crate does not exceed the dimensions allowed, but you do have to book them in when you book the flight.