Wohnung

This is my first time in Germany.
I would like to move in Leipzig to find a job.
How can I find a wg or small apartment with Anmeldung ?
Thank you

Finding a place to stay can be difficult in German cities. Leipzig, being in the (economically less developed) East is probably easier than elsewhere.
In general, to find a place to rent you must scour classified ads (e.g. on Quoka, Ebay Kleinanzeigen or Immoscout24) and try to arrange a viewing with the landlord. You should not agree to rent something without visiting it in person - and neiother does a reasonable German landlord agree to rent out his flat to somebody he never met.
On this viewing, make as good an impression as you can, describe your financial situation (it is basically impossible to rent a place without a proper, regular income that clearly allows paying the rent) and, last not least, bring a German speaking friend along for the negotiations and contract - there are too many pitfalls in German rental law to make it advisable without!
And: Be patient! German regulations stipulate a minimum three months termination period for rental contracts. Most properties are advertised (and the better ones quickly snapped up) soon after the termination notice is submitted. Thus you cannot expect to find a place and move in within a short time. If you need to, arrange for temporary accommodation (hotel, hostel or short-term serviced apartment) to cover this period!

Do you have the proper Visa to work in Germany?

alisa_ram wrote:

Do you have the proper Visa to work in Germany?

You are responding to an 18 month old thread.