Wanna kids' playdate ?

Hello hello ... we are a little family of four from New Zealand and have been here in Noumea for two months now. Everything's going really well and the kids are starting to pick up French. BUT they really miss their little buddies from home and I'd love to team them up with some English speaking or bi-lingual kids here. My son is 7 and my daughter nearly 4. Is there anyone out there in a similar situation ? Remember the good old days at home when kids played nicely while mummies drank coffee ? Sing out if you have thoughts or just plain kids.

Cheers,
Lisa

Hello and welcome on the forum Lisa :)

I hope you will obtain some positive responses soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Lisa

Hope that you will find some help over there.  But if you could find me a job there, it will be with pleasure that i can help you in return, I have 2 children of 6 and 2 years old and we are bi-lingual :)

Cheers

Marjorie

Hi Marjorie!

For info you are on the Noumea forum. Are you intending to move there?

Armand

Hi Lisa,

I moved her from Australia with my husband and 6month old baby. We have been here nearly 3 months and are slowly settling in.
Not sure Amelia my 6month old baby will be much fun for your kids but if you feel like a coffee one day let me know. My email is [email protected]
Also, there is a English mothers group that meets every wed avo at 4pm with lots of kids your children's age. We meet at a kids park not far from Anse Vata.

Take care,
Harriet

Hi Harriet!

Welcome on Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi Lisa - looks like we just met the other day :)

So glad you made it out to the kid's playgroup. I wish my little guy was old enough that your two young'uns would be interested to stick around long enough :)

See you again soon!
Amna

Hi I'm coming to Noumea this month, on June 19th, staying for a month and I'll have my 6 year old son with me.  We're from Wellington, NZ.  I'm sure he would love to have a playdate :)
And when is this playgroup?
Thanks!

I've been living in Nouméa for 4 years. My son (4,5 years old) was born in South Africa and my daughter (2 years old) was born here. Their cousins are American. Unfortunately they are not surrouned by english speaking kids and I don't speak english to them either.
I would love them to start playing with other english speaking children.
When is this playgroup ?

Hi Clairec,

The playgroup is on Wednesday's at 4 pm'ish. The location is at the park next to the anchor roundabout and there you'll meet quite a few mum's with anglophone kids.

Hope to bump into you there!

Amna
(21 mo son)

Hi my name is Eva,

I am from new zealand and have a 13 mth yr old son. I am very interested in a play date and especially meeting the group of english speaking mothers and their babbies. Is the group still meeting on wednesday at the same park ? :)

Hello everyone, I'm from England and I arrived less than 2 weeks ago with my 23 months old son and my partner who is local. We have been very welcome by my partner's family but I'd like to meet up with other English speaking families as well. Is the playgroup still on?

Hi richpm,

I have seen an email posted with 1 of the other mums, i might email her to see if it is still on. keep you posted.

I live in Anse Vata if you are keen to meet as well. I have a son who is 13mths old but is active like a 2 yr old. my family call him athlete baby  :)

My son would love a playdate

Hi there,

I think you must've found some play buddies already for your kids,  any way, if you are staying here during the vacation, my 7 years old daughter would love to have few playmates, She speaks french and a little bit English. We arrived this year to Noumea.

Cheers,

Katie

Hi Everyone,
I am Australian and I am living in France at the moment but it looks like my husband (French) will get a transfer to Noumea soon. I have 3 children 9, 7, and 2 years of age. I would love to meet some English or bilingual speaking families and maybe have a few contacts before I arrive. I am a little nervous about the move but I am staying positive. How do your children like it there? School and so on?
Cheers Nat

Hi,
My family and I arrived from Australia 2 months ago and don't yet speak French.  I have an 8 year old son and my daughter is 6.  If there is a playgroup that meets regularly please let me know. We would love to meet some people especially before my children begin school.
Many thanks,
Lara.

Hi Lara,

There is a playgroup that meets pretty much every Wednesday (mostly anglophones or bilinguals). We're meeting today at Cafe Etrave (under Hotel La Promenade) for the kids to play around on the grass while the mums/dads have something to drink.

If the weather holds up, we'll be there at 4 pm. Hope to see you there!

Amna xx

p.s- if you send me your email address, I can add you to the playgroup mailing list :)

Hi all,
I m deepa from india , I have  a 2 yo son, would like to make friends while we are there . My mail id [email protected]

Hi Amna,

Is the Wednesday play group still running?

I have two boys, 7 and 2. Would love to meet up and make some friends - for them and me :)

Roberta

Hi Amna

Just wondering...if the playgroup kids always there .. I mean at cafe etrave?

Coz I have 17 months  toddler boy...  Not yet able to speak ( normally I speak Indonesia, French and bit English with him)... He will love to have more friends...

Cheers

Hello Amna,

I have a 5 years old son,he speaks English,French and little bit Chinese.It will be fantastic for us to spend some time Wednesday afternoon with other kids and their mums,pls sign us up and my email address is

[email protected]

Thanks for your great idea to organize such play group.

Li Wei