Looking for a contractor

I am interested in building an earth bag home and more in the silver Creek area. Hope to start construction by September 2019. Any recommendations for contractors ?

Patricia

Just a little warning, You are looking very far ahead by Belize standards.
Any 'GOOD' recommended contractor works not much longer ahead than the next job. I have a great contractor but to a large extent I have to fit in with his work dates, He is doing a job on my site at the moment but warned me it will take a fair while as he is still finishing a big build in Benque for the next 2 or 3 weeks, so until then I just have a couple of his guys (who I already know and trust) coming in doing the prep work Digging post holes, clearing the land lines etc, until the full team is able to do my job. Unfortunately I do know My builder/contractor only works between Belmopan and Benque in the west, but he is the best he built an underhouse onto my sons existing house on posts, then built My beautiful retirement house,  and also several smaller jobs, In all these jobs over the last 3 or 4 years we never had anything go missing from the site or from our homes, and he has never  charged me for extra labor when it took longer than he estimated.
The electrician we had to use from the BEL approved list,  when our Mains line was put in to supplement the Solar, "borrowed" my  nice imported hand drill as his wouldn't work,  when he finished  he left behind his burnt out one in the carry case for my drill, he replaced it tidy on the shelf where it lived. so  we didn't realize for a couple of weeks until it was needed again.

@terrific. I would so appreciate the name and number of your contractor. I plan on retiring next year and make the move to Belize. Thank you for any information. Cynthia

@Pattylovesorchids

We live and San Pedro I am real estate agent in the US, but don't sell in Belize and Ed is a general contractor in the US. We are currently building a new home for us and several other building to come in the near future. Ed has a great contractor here and over sees the build for us and others that are not here to check out the construction. Let us know if you would like to speak.

@terrific. I would so appreciate the name and number of your contractor. I plan on retiring next year and make the move to Belize. Thank you for any information. Cynthia

- @8flyingfish
@8flyingfish
You replied to a post from 2018.

terrific has been a very great source of useful information here for years.
I just looked at her profile, and  her last post was in 2019.
I truly hope she is well and will pop back in here one of these days.

As for your original question, Belize is in a building boom in spite of  record high prices of everything.
With this new demand, every other worker with a hammer and tool belt is now a "contractor".
Be very cautious, meet and interview them in person, make sure they have the resources/equipment to do the work and hire good workers. Have them show you current and completed jobs.

Do this while you are renting during your exploratory phase here. Get your own sandals in the sand to see if you and Belize are a long term fit. Some come down for a great time at a resort for a couple of weeks, then don't do their due diligent before buying land, starting a build. Then pull the plug heading back home broker but wiser.
I love Belize, but make darn sure it fits YOU before commuting resources long term. 😀

@Aerodex you know your stuff… terrific is awesome!

Best get photo of their passport.
Also monitor who is on job site as contractor can be great but sometimes hire as labor folks who are less trustworthy.
      So suggest that everyone who enters job site needs to present some id and keep record of it . Contractors need to be responsible for this. Don't be put off by surprised and hurt expressions. We just got robbed and are pretty certain we know who it was . Contractor for a painting job who had sketchy crew different every day.
    We love Belize and continue sadder and wiser. Cheers