Getting ready

ReyP wrote:

Hi Marion,
In many ways is like I never left, locals want to talk my ear off and always inviting me for coffee as it was when I was growing up. The place where I am renting is a little community of about 8 homes on the street, about 1/2 are related to each other, so I am getting to know each of them. The rental is in the same street as my property but at the bottom of the hill instead of up in the mountain where my property is. This will let me keep an eye on the progress once construction begins (several months into the future)

My wife which speaks mainly English but knows some Spanish gets easily lost in the conversations since is rapid fire Spanish most of the time but the neighbors do try to speak some English to her and are very friendly.

Yesterday we went to get a new bedroom set and I explained to the lady that my wife spoke English and they switched to English and every so often they would ask me if they said it right since they are not used to English.

I am still getting used to being home and listening to Spanish all around me after so many years of nothing but English.

I am still getting infuriated with the people walking in the middle of the supermarket isle while they are on the phone or talking with their 5 other members of the family they brought to the supermarket with them and completely clueless that there are other people in the store.

But I am talking with people around the town and they tell me where I can find the different stores, the best eggs, the best pizza, etc in the town or the next town over.

For someone not used to the language and the local lingo, it would be much harder, but for me everyone opens up quickly and it is home.

Wonderful😍