Love in Kosovo

I met my future husband online. He is from Istog, Kosovo and I am from North Carolina, USA. I first went to Kosovo October 2017. I was so exhausted and excited at the same time. I had no idea what to expect or what to do when I got off the plane. I didn't know where to go or what to do, so I just followed everyone. I remember going down some stairs and seeing booths saying Passport Control. The men inside were a bit scary looking and big. He must of said I was next, I was just following after the next person. The man noticed that I had an American passport. And he said oh an American. He asked me, what is your purpose here. I said vacation. He looked at me with an expression on his face as if really. I said vacation yes. He said in a very friendly voice okay how many days I said 8 days. He said okay enjoy your time have a great day I said okay thank you. And I went on and I found my luggage. And I still did not see anyone that I may have known. It was a very quiet Airport. Finally I found my way out of the Pristina airport and these two doors open up and there's what seemed like hundreds of people waiting for their friends and relatives to get off the airplane. There's all these strangers looking at me and I'm trying to find the person that I'm looking for and I found him. And I'm like oh my gosh. And we walk outside. And I look around and the landscape was so breathtaking the mountains were glorious. I just could not believe where I was standing. And that was my first moments in Kosovo. I could go on and on and on and on and on. I visited prishtine stayed there two days had a great time. Learn that pizza is served with ketchup and mayonnaise. I learned that it's probably a good idea for you to carry Handi wipes or diaper wipes in your pocket book because usually there is no toilet paper anywhere. I learned that food isn't very cheap if you're in America and it doesn't seem very expensive to an American. Hamburgers are very different. I didn't learn about hot dogs until my second trip. French fries are french fries anywhere but there are eaten with mayonnaise and ketchup I learned. One thing I did learn on my first trip over there is that hotels do not really keep your privacy to themselves. Because someone came around to the hotel looking for me and the lady kind of gave out my information in which I did not want my information to be given out but it's okay. From pristine I went to Istog.  And I stayed up in the mountai near Trofta. We hiked up the mountains we went into a cave that had lots of bats in it we walked and walked and walked and walked everywhere. I made friends with some local cows and took many photographs pictures and fell in love more and more each day. With my man and with the country. The eight days went by really quickly and I hated to leave. I left but I came back in December and I rented an apartment in Kosovo. And I stayed one month in an apartment. I adventured throughout the city of Istog. I started shopping, walking around learning to landscape. Meeting people talking to people, I also learned that there were other Americans there one that also owned a business I also drove in Kosovo that is an experience in itself. Later on, we moved in with his parents for two months before I came back to the United States I've only been back in the United States for 2 months. I will go back in another month or so. But living with his parents and two sisters and a Kosovo house, and Kosovo Traditions was a very interesting experience.

I really love your story. I can feel everything you wrote.
Kosovo people are really good. I have one special friend he is the best one in my life that I've ever known. He is really conservative and honest person. He is really handsome. Every friend of him love him so much. In this life I've never seen people like this before. He is the one who encouraged me most of my situation in my life. He helped me a lot for get something on study. Recently I did not talk with him anymore. Because I confessed my love to him and he said we are different culture, country and religion. And he want to marry people in same place. That change things easily. He did not write to me like before. He might doesn't want me think too much about him. He might doesn't want to give me a hope. He really honest about his words. He said he want to be just friend with me. But I never regret that because I know I am lucky that I know true love. No need to be owner or anything. Love is just you can love someone all of your heart. One day If I have chance I will find him again.