Working in Laos

Hi all.
New to this site so please bear with me.
I am from the UK and I am looking at possibly moving to Laos.
The one big concern for me is work being is it hard to find work etc for a foreigner in Laos.

Thanks for any advice or help.
Appreciated.

It is extremely difficult for an expat to get work in Laos unless you are a qualified teacher or have a skill set that no local has or you work for an expat company which has a contract in Laos.

People from ASEAN countries are okay due to the employment agreement between the member countries.

The Lao staff that myself and others mentored when working there are employed and some have there own businesses as engineers, surveyors and even senior Government jobs.

What is your skill set ??

Unfortunately my skill set is not great. My main skill is in logistics and the qualifications I have arent degree level.

Can you tell us what your occupation is?
Sorry did not read above. You could apply to one of the mining companies, MMG or Phu Bia, but as Stumpy said, it is not easy.

U need to tell us about your occupation is about?
Also have foreigner work here have many process to done like work permit or stay permit but not easy i agree with Stumpy. don't worry if your education degree or have experience would be interesting

I also would like to know an Expat company in Laos.  I also find it hard to work in Laos.  Please let me know more on how to network with fellow Expat in Laos. 

Thanks,
Phon

Hi Jimmy,

I myself is thinking moving to Laos as well.  I was there last month and looking for work in Laos is very difficult.  When you planning to move to Laos?

It is not easy to find work here in Laos unless you are a consultant or have a particular skill set that no Lao person has. There are well educated Lao people.

What is your field of expertise.

Have you tried a Google search. Look for UN jobs. Also try NGO's ( non govt organisations) for work.