Meeting other mums and friends :)

Hello,
I am British but married to a Frenchman, so I speak equally English and French. We will be moving to New Caledonia with our two and a half year old daughter.
Does anyone know what kind of activities there are to do for mums and children?
Also would like to meet other English speaking Mums (of course I love French but my daughter doesn't get many opportunities to speak or hear English :))

Kind regards,
X

Hey there,

Unfortunately i am not a mum but happy to connect with you when you are here. I am a Kenyan working for SPC in Noumea. Have been here for three years. You can reach me on my ***

I wish you a wonderful stay in NC. I'm sure you'll like it

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

I've just moved to Noumea with my partner and 9 month old daughter. I will be here until August if you fancy a coffee or visit to the playground at any point.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

Hello Gloria,
Thanks for your reply. That's kind. Sorry for the delay, its been a busy move. I'll note your email 😊
Charlotte

Hi Hannah,
Yes that would be nice.What part of Noumea are you staying in? Would like to meet up. Although I'm very unfamiliar with the city - it's so big and we have no car yet.
How long have you been here?
C

Hi Charlotte,

We are very near citron bay, port de Sud. Where abouts are you based? We could meet up  this week, although I don't have a car. 😬

Perhaps a trip to the beach? I can walk there from our studio.

See you soon, I hope you are settling in ok.

All the best,

Hannah

Hi, yes we're getting there 😊 how about you?
We will be maybe moving to motorpool next week so a trip to the beach would be good. For the moment we're in le vallée de colons.
If we're moving, Thursday or Friday would be better. What's your daughters name? 😊 where have you come from?
Hope youre enjoying the nice weather today 😊
Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

Sounds great, hope the move goes ok. Although I couldn't find motorpool on the map! 😳

My daughter is called Grace, we are settling in well and enjoying the lovely heat after being in NZ for the start of winter! Brrrr! Lots of swimming at the beach. How are you going, surviving astronomical prices? We checked out the market the other day, great place for buying fresh fruit and veggies.

See you soon,

Hannah

HI Charlotte,

How is the move to Motorpool going?  Have you had a chance to check out anything in Noumea yet?

Let me know if you are free this weekend or next week for our little ones to meet.  Yesterday we visited the aquarium, I can highly recommend it!

All the best,

Hannah.

Hi Hannah,
Sorry, I got lost in the paperwork last week. Would you Iike to meet Thursday morning at the park by baie de citron or at anse vata ? Around 10?
We visited the aquarium today as it ws only 100fr entry because if the lagoon festival. It was great!
Charlotte

Hi Charlotte

Glad to hear you found the Aquarium, it's a good one.

Yes, it would be great to meet in the park, do you mean Parc du recieving - Georges Brunelet or the childrens play Park near Port du Sud?

11am would be better for us if possible because of Graces sleep time. Would that be ok for you?

Let me know, see you Thursday.

Hannah.

11 Thursday is fine. The Park port du sud I think. Is that at the bottom of ouen Toro? Or is there a different one? I'm blonde and my daughter is blonde 😉 just in case we can't find each other 😊

Hi Charlotte,

My daughter and I are blonde too!!

There is a kids play park near Port de Sud Marina which is usually full of kids. Do you have an email address, I can send you a dropped pin?

It's across the road from the water on Avenue du General de Gaulle. On google maps is just called Parc municipal. Is that too far for you?

If you have been somewhere else better I'm up for suggestions. ***
Hannah

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey Hannah,
Sorry I'm paying for internet bit by bit and dont officially have any til 25th July ☹ will borrow the husbands phone tonight to see where the park is and I'll try to be there for 11.
See you tomorrow 😊
Charlotte