How do you protest a $50 parking ticket in PR?

How do you protest, fight, dispute a $50 parking ticket in PR?

Do you have to file in the same city as where you received the ticket, or can you file at any DTOP office?  Or do you file in court?

I would seriously consider just paying and forgetting about it, considering all the time, energy, aggravation and frustration I know it would take to fight it -- and not park in that spot again. Your chances of winning are slim to none anyway.

This is Puerto Rico, the island is broke, there's nothing you can do about it, even if it went in front of a judge the judge would rule against you because the island needs the money,

Last year we got a parking ticket when parking in a handicap spot when shopping ( my wife has a handicap tag from CT).  The fine would have been $500.   She went to the local city courthouse and it was dismissed.

Parking tickets on our street are $150 according to the local cops. Pretty darn stiff IMO.  We are careful where we park.  😬

What I have done is go to the courthouse in the town you received the ticket.  You need to request a date to appeal the ticket.
They will then schedule a date and you will receive something in the mail.  At that time you can also request a translator for the court appearance.
Once you get the date and time... you go to the court with your documents and pictures if you have.
They should be law have a translator there for you... One time they did not have for me and the Judge let me go and removed the ticket.
Hopefully, the Police that gave you ticket will not show... If he does not, it is automatically voided..
They will send you something in mail and then you need to go to the Colectoria or back to the court to get stamps put on the document and send in again I believe.  Process is a bit much but if you have the time...you can do it.  They usually start on time if the court time is 8:30 a.m... you just go and then they will call your name.. I would bring a Spanish speaking person with you!  Good Luck