New members of the French Polynesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the French Polynesia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in French Polynesia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Aloha! I am a Hawaii native living on the north shore of Oahu. I recently spent a month in French Polynesia and feel like I've found the place where I belong that perpetuates the simple lifestyle I live. It's like Hawaii 50 years ago before the crowds and major westernized influence. My new aspiration is finding a way to permanently move my life over to Tahiti. Finding work seems like a challenge so I have begun looking at proving to the government I can support myself in the hopes I can still receive a long term visa. Looking forward to seeing how this forum can help!

IaOrana Latai,
I wish you luck in your future. It will be a challenge to demonstrate that you can support yourself. The government needs to know that you have your own resources (money) to live here without relying on government help. Best way is to have a substantial income from your investments or savings. As far as looking for a job, that will be real difficult. If any jobs are available, they will always be given to locals first, unless you have some skills that may be useful here. I moved here from USA many years ago after I sold my business. I live in Papeari on the island of Tahiti. Are you interested in Vairao? That district is close to me.
Nana,
Manarii Tane (Steve)

Ia orana!  Je m'appelle Alec. My fiancee and I currently live in San Francisco and are tired of the rat race.  We took a break in Moorea and were head over heels with the food, lifestyle, culture and people.  I'm doing some research here because we found a profitable business (a small Fare) for sale that we're interested in.  We're fortunate to not need a loan (could do all cash) but not certain how the immigration process works or if we have an opportunity to run it remotely while sorting that out.   Will post questions separately in this forum, but wanted to say Hi, Bonjour, Ia orana.

Hi:
We are not living in FP yet but we are planing on retiring there. We love the place but how no idea how to do it. We just start researching and reading in blogs.

Hi:

I am Giovanna and my husband and I want to move to French Polynesia. We have to prepare ourselves since we don't know anything about it but we love the place. We are planning in retiring in 5 yrs. Any idea can help. We are both physicians, but the plan is not to work or only do volunteer projects.

Thank you all for your share experiences

Hi everyone and welcome to Expat.Com  :)

Thank you for your respective introduction. For a good start, i would suggest that you browse through and read attentively information given on the following website : http://www.polynesie-francaise.pref.gou … RS/English

Following that, if you have any question, feel free to start your own thread on the forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829993

Thanks!

Closed