Fun for Kids

Hi There !

I am new to Aarhus and came along with my spouse and 14 months old kid last month and I want to know some good places/parks for children to play or enjoy.

Can someone please help me in this regard ? My son is so used to play with children of his age and here I don't have any neighbour with kids.

Regards,
Harish.

Hi Harish,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

All the best,
Christine

Harish,

There are lots of parks in and around Arhus. Kind of depends where you live, but suggest you look at a map of your area and see what is around. Most parks have play areas and children are used to playing together mostly unsupervised.

The climate of danger to children in Denmark is very low and parents are not paranoid to let their children play by themselves (as is common in the UK and USA).

Also check with your kommune on events for children. The library has lots of activities that are free. Also check out the events at the concert hall (which have many plays and children events).

Hope this gives you some idea of where to start looking.

I do not have any children of that age, so I am not familiar with specific events even though I do entertain at many of these events and the crowds are always packed with children from the very young 2 years to adults. So if you run into Trylle Charlie, please stop by and say hi in English or Danish.

Charlie
[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]