Parenting in Denmark

Hello everyone,

Being a parent can be challenging, and even more so when moving abroad, but it can also be an enriching experience. Tell us more below about your role as a parent in Denmark.

How are you experiencing your parental role in your new home? Has your move abroad changed anything in your parental perspective or approach?

On a professional level, have you been able to balance your family life and career? How so? Tell us about the benefits that parents can enjoy in Denmark, such as maternity leave, etc.?

How do you deal with being a parent as an expat, without the support of your extended family in the country?

Do you have any advice on how to introduce the culture in your new country to your children, while maintaining the traditions and customs of your home country?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi

Actually there are some advantages and disadvantages.

In my opinion, school levelling for kids not on good level, especially in government schools. Entertainment is only fo adults, for children very limited places and quite expensive. Cigarette and alchol beverages are very famous here and not good example for children and adults also.

Advantages are safety and silent  place and nature is good, but weather is mostly cold and rainy especially spring and autumn period.

I would not advise for people who want to bring family to here, of course it is my opinion.