Areas to live in Colombo

Hello to everone out there in beautiful Sri Lanka from a newbie to this, hopefully, useful forum ! I'm originally from London but left over 30 years ago - couldn't stand the weather! Lived all over the place including Spain,France, Thailand, Vietnam, Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean and Guadeloupe in the French Caribbean. Now retired with talented working wife (lucky me!)
I am thinking of moving to Colombo and I have already visited three times. I would like to know the feasability of living in the Mount Lavinia area and working in central Colombo, district 3. Is the commute on a daily basis possible and how long whould it realistly take. Thank you

It is less than 10 km.Seems to be fine, however, it depends on traffic.It easy to catch the bus or tuk-tuk.If you travel daily,  you can use Uber or Pickme.Are you on FB?

Thanks! Not on FB.

If you want to live as a retiree   without working then mount Lavinia  is fine but if you think of working with daily commute forget about moving there. It is not all that Rosy to live as a resident as compared to a tourist. I would suggest to think of KL in Malaysia under MM2 program .

Thanks for the reply. KL is about the last place I would want to live and Sri Lanka suits us fine. I've already been there every year for the last five years. My wife's organization has an office there and we may get transferred. After living in Hanoi for several years we could live anywhere after the noise, pollution and worst traffic behavior I have seen anywhere! My question on the forum was how easy was the commute from Mount Lavinia to central Columbo not whether I would like living there!