Mosquito nets/ repellant

What seems to be the most effective mosquito repellant?
Where can I buy mosquito nets for the bed?
Where can I buy a screen door and window screens to prevent mosquitos coming inside the house?
Any idea about the cost?
Thank you.

We have used Odomos Repellent Cream in India and used to bring it with us after every visit but last month I saw it one of the super markets not sure if it was Arpico or Keels. But make sure you does not ingest it (like sucking fingers).
Nets of various sizes are available in Arpico Supermarkets
Iam not sure if they have any ready made doors here but the screen or something similar is available in most of the hardware stores in and around Colombo.

mosquito nets for the bed  can be bought from arpico,  door frames and window frames with mesh have  to be made to order,the best mosquito repellent we use in our guest house are the mats you plug in,'good nite' have a nice smell and again can be bought in arpico,cargills and keels..hope this some help.

you go to Arpico supermarket and ask a sales girl to find Pangiri Oil to prevent mosquito bites (you can apply it on your body)
Next you can use a mosquito liquids to plug in bed room/living room when necessary. Brands are Mortein, Ninja, Good Knight (you better buy all kinds and change the brand daily when using for better result.)
If you use the same product daily, mosquitoes will get used to the product)

I have also tried and used successfully things like Citronella oil and balms such as Siddhalepa. Mosquitoes stay away due to the strong smell.

you cant buy odomos at the moment in negombo only sofel is available,dont touch citronella as you will get eye flies being a pain in the a***, as with most oils apply out side away from furniture.

Check this link out for door mesh...
Door Mesh

lankanexpat wrote:

Check this link out for door mesh...
Door Mesh

yeah thats good one! Thanks for sharing!