Vehicle storage in Ulan bator

Hi
We recently had the most amazing few weeks in Mongolia - brought a car and travelled around the country wth our kids and translator!
We now have the issue of storing the vehicle somewhere safe until we come back next year.
Can anyone living in UB make any recomendations?
Thanks
Louise

To be honest, my apartment has a garage so I've never had this car storage problem. I don't think I'll be much help, but here goes.

First off, I'm assuming you registered your car here and paid any necessary deposit or taxes/duties? I thought most (if not all) cars coming in needed to do that, but if you got any sort of exemption or special status you'll want to check if they'll let you leave your car here for the winter.  Assuming that's all good, then I'd suggest you ask your translator for a little help.  In my limited experience, around here often the best default option for finding reliable services is having a local you trust to reach out to their network of friends, family, and acquaintances.  It's not foolproof, but it tends to decrease your chances of having someone take advantage of you.  So perhaps your translator has family or friends in town that know of a place.  If not, you might try looking at some of the makeshift 'garages' around UB; they often look kind of like the rows of single-story rental storage unit buildings in some Western countries (only with much rougher looking exterior and doors).  You can try looking to see if any of the individual units have phone numbers painted or posted around the doors that you can call to see if they're available for rent... your translator might be able to help you there, and possibly negotiate a price and check in on the garage unit from time to time (assuming he/she lives in town).  The only one I can think of right off the top of my head is in the residential area next to the Tengis theater, but I know there are others around.  You can also try going to your embassy in town (if there is one) and ask them what services they use for their drivers & vehicles that might be of help to you.

Anyway, I know there's got to be other options, but those are the only ones that come to mind.  Hope that helps.

If you contact, some of the real estate agencies, they have an offer ready for you, and for signing a full year contract, cash up front, you might even get a better deal, if you need help, Hit me up

Hi there

Just saw your your post.
Wondering if you managed to find a safe place to store your vehicle?
Would be really grateful to be in touch with you.
Kind regards
Jill

Hi Jill

No luck with car storage.
Do you have a solution?
😁
Louise

You should really try True L parking spaces, it is 6 floor parking space, that is rented through months, years at a time.