Pro and Cons of Tagaytay, Laguna and Cavite.

I have just married a 46 year old Flipina. I am 65 and active. Teach English on line . I am from Boulder, Colorado. She nor I care for Tagbilran  If any one is knowledge able about Tagaytay, Laguna and Cavite please tell me what you think of each town.

Background. We visited Davao and thought it was too crowded  and did not much care for the Rolling Hills area just outside of town.

Dumegete seemed worth coming back too. But the heat there is an issue for us, so Tagaytay is now of greatest interest; Laguna and Cavite are 2nd and 3rd choices. Life is too short to make all the mistakes so would appreciate any and all opinions. I moved here from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (USA citizen however) which is a very quaint town with enough to do to not get bored in terms of gyms, long stretches to walk, bike ride or run, lots of restaurant s. Also public transportation was so good I sold my car. Looking for a similar situation.

Why did you leave Mexico?

Hi I left Puerto Vallarta  Mexico to marry my wife on September 22. I really enjoyed living and working in Puerto Vallarta. But I got lonely there. So I came to the Philippines to get married. We are considering moving back to Puerto Vallarta because it is a very nice, inexpensive and beautiful place to live. Very organized city, great health care, at least one gym I like a lot and much more organized than the Philippines however, it may not be practical to move back so, we are looking to relocate from Tagbilran to Luguna or Tagaytay.

CTBex should cut travel time to Manila by more than a margin. 2023 expected finish date. Tagaytay has the laid back vibe and climate but infrastructure needs work.

Laguna and Tagaytay are much nicer than Tagbilaran. Further north a bit cooler too. But still Philippines with all that entails.

The Highlands in Tagaytay are nice. Landscaped properties set in rolling hills with enough autonomy to not warrant much external travel bar the essentials. While the price point is high, security seems airtight. The Midlands and greenlands come at lower prices than the older, more exclusive Highlands. Plus the conveniences of gym and other outdoor facilities that come with the lifestyle. Still think having a car would be wise. The one thing I wonder is if groceries can be purchased online and delivered within the development or would that be a hassle given mgmt seem rather obtuse about restrictions on access.

@952cccraig20 reading your story with interest as am on an identical journey, left Vallarta & living in Bacong but also looking at a cooler location. Tagaytay looks interesting.

952 last posted in 2018, looking to start an assisted living facility on Bohol or Cebu.

@sailr355

I had a project for a client back in 2005 in Mexico City and decided on a few days break in Puerto Vallarta. The month was September (low season I guess for our American friends) but I have never experienced humidity like it.

I find it strange that anyone coming from that part of the world would find the Philippines that much different. Mexico City to my mind had an ideal climate - 72 degrees, high sunshine rate with low humidity due to its altitude above sea level (3 times higher than Tagaytay) which for the record I have never visited.

Mark Thornton, a regular Dumaguete Blogger has a place in Bacong 20 minutes from the city, a place I know well. He has the first floor of a house there and benefits from the onshore breezes. Looks idyllic.

Perhaps hold off for now on Tagaytay and other areas near Taal Volcano.